TPG Community

Get online support

Sagemcom Fast 5866T modem issues

miaandjoe5g
Level 2

I am having major issues with this modem and getting any sort of reliable internet.  Unfortunately I am outside of my 7 day trial period and I want my NBN back!!!!

Firstly - I have changed the Wifi name and password to the same as my previous router, yet my devices only seem to be able to detect and connect to the wifi iintermittently (despite all but the top light on the modem being lit up)

Secondly - When they are connected, the internet is dropping out frequently throughout the day and that is on 2.4g (despite all but the top light on the modem being lit up), which brings me to the next point...

Thirdly - the 5G Wifi channel does not ever seem to connect to the internet (despite what the lights on the modem say), so I don't have 5G wifi

Finally, I can no longer access the section in the modem home page to modify my wifi settings

I am really regretting making the switch and I wish the trial had been just a bit longer so I could have realised these issues can't be resolved.

6 REPLIES 6
miaandjoe5g
Level 2

...and just to prove my point I had to connect to my phone's hotspot in order to even post this!!

Ahra_G

Hi @miaandjoe5g

We're keen on checking whether these issues are caused by Wi-Fi or any underlying issues present. 

Send in your Customer ID or account number privately via message so we can assist.

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

Mark14
Level 3

Thank you to OP for posting.

I also am unable to access the section of the config pages for my Sagemcom router. Initally I can but quickly I lose access, for no apparent reason. Several times a hard reset enabled me to access the settings, but now even that does not work (and that's no solution at all!)

To @Ahra_G, would it be possible to post your resolution steps here, so any others with the problem can follow them?

Thank you very much!

Mark14
Level 3

To anyone reading this, if you had the same problem as me this might help.

My problem was I could see the basic screens on the modem home page but not the detail of the WiFi networks or detail of any attached devices. I could not change the radio password or turn them on and off etc.

What I found seems to have fixed it is to turn off every single device you have on the network, WiFi and ethernet, also any IOT devices like smart blubs, smart locks etc.

Once everything is off, restart the modem. I actually factory reset it for good measure but anyway when it came up and things connected, I could see them properly and I could go to the wirteless settings.

Previously I could not see wireless settings or any of the devices on the network. 

I think this happened because when I first for the modem I simply took the old one out and popped in the new one without turning off all the devices. There were just too many. I believe this meant some clashes of IPs etc in the modem which it couldn't resolve and gave up.

The problem was my own. Setting up a new network (different modem and service) I should really have powered everything of so they all started up correctly. My bad! 

PS, the TPG support people were very helpful but I didn't have time to spend with them, so I fiddled around on my own. I promise nothing with this solution above ... but it's easy enough to try if you have the same symptoms.

Mark14
Level 3

So sorry but the problem I thought I had fixed has returned. Smiley Sad

For some reason the modem simply gives up trying to show connected devices on the front page, even after I'd taken the steps above. Also it's impossible to access the WiFi control page.

Here's a link to someone else who had this problem. Note there are links there that allow you to control the radio and passwords etc. So that's something.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/Sagemcom-5866T-5G-modem-no-longer-shows-links-to-...

Shane

Hi @Mark14 ,

We note that you have been in contact with our Contact Support Centre and provided assistance. Feel free to send us a PM in the event you will require more assistance.

Cheers!

So sorry but the problem I thought I had fixed has returned. Smiley Sad

For some reason the modem simply gives up trying to show connected devices on the front page, even after I'd taken the steps above. Also it's impossible to access the WiFi control page.

Here's a link to someone else who had this problem. Note there are links there that allow you to control the radio and passwords etc. So that's something.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/Sagemcom-5866T-5G-modem-no-longer-shows-links-to-...