TPG Community

Get online support

Sagemcom fast 5886T

Doctoda
Level 2
We just upgraded our wifi and we got this modem, for some reason my pc can’t find the wifi but other devices can (iphone, iPad and laptops).
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Doctoda,

Is the PC using a USB dongle for Wi-Fi connection or does it have a built it Wi-Fi? Can you try if the PC can detect the Hotspot from one of our smartphone? What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards,

We just upgraded our wifi and we got this modem, for some reason my pc can’t find the wifi but other devices can (iphone, iPad and laptops).

Doctoda
Level 2
It’s using a dongle, I’ve updated the newest driver for it, I’ve tried resetting the router. And the funny thing is my computer can pick up my neighbours wifi just can’t pick my own
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Doctoda 

Try to disable the Wi-Fi band steering create a separate wireless network on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. Let us know how it will go.

Regards,

It’s using a dongle, I’ve updated the newest driver for it, I’ve tried resetting the router. And the funny thing is my computer can pick up my neighbours wifi just can’t pick my own

Doctoda
Level 2
I logged on to my router and i can’t seem to find the option to turn it off, or how to create a new channel.

Do you have any idea where the option is, pls help.

Thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Doctoda 

To disable the band steering of the modem. Simply create a different name for both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Wireless network name. This will automatically remove the band steering of the Wireless network.

Regards,

I logged on to my router and i can’t seem to find the option to turn it off, or how to create a new channel.

Do you have any idea where the option is, pls help.

Thank you