TPG Community

Get online support

Setting up Fritz!Box 7530 modem

conkarlis02
Level 2

Hi all,

After 11 days of having next to no internet, TPG/NBN reslolved the speed issue. I am now getting what my plan says or very close to it, however, I am still experiencing multiple dropouts throughout the day. I'm not sure if it is my modem/router or if its a TPG/NBN issue.

I have another modem (Fritz!Bz7530) but not sure where I can get the TPG settings for it. I could only find instructions on how to set up the Fritz!box 7390. 

Has anybody had any luck in setting up the 7530? Not sure if the new modem will fix the dropout issues but i'll give it a go.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @conkarlis02

We checked the account and it shows that the modem/router has been stable for more than 7 hours now.

Are you using a WiFi or a Wired connection? If via WiFi, then signal interference may be causing the dropouts.

Check these articles that may help you improve your home WiFi network.

The Fritz!Box 7530 is a modem/router and you are under the NBN FTTP service, which only requires a router.

You need to configure the 7530 as a router only device, then set the connection type to PPPoE and use your TPG username and password.

Make sure that the VLAN ID is disabled.

You may contact the manufacturer support for further assistance if it did not work.

BasilDV

conkarlis02
Level 2

Thanks @BasilDV .

I had 1 dropout from a wired connection (my sons PS5) and another dropout from a wireless connection (my computer).

As I was typing the reply to this post my internet stopped completely. TPG called me to let me know NBN changing ports from UniD1 to UniD3. We will monitor and see how that goes. It is now going again after I swapped from UniD1 to UniD3.

I'll set up the Fritz!Box and have it ready to plug in and go if I experience more dropouts. I guess it is a process of elimination now for the dropouts.

Shane

Our Engineers will also conduct a monitoring on our end, expect them to provide updates when it becomes available.

Regards,

Thanks @BasilDV .

I had 1 dropout from a wired connection (my sons PS5) and another dropout from a wireless connection (my computer).

As I was typing the reply to this post my internet stopped completely. TPG called me to let me know NBN changing ports from UniD1 to UniD3. We will monitor and see how that goes. It is now going again after I swapped from UniD1 to UniD3.

I'll set up the Fritz!Box and have it ready to plug in and go if I experience more dropouts. I guess it is a process of elimination now for the dropouts.