Streaming locally

patchyfog
Level 2
Hi, I recently had NBN installed (this past week) and am now encountering issues with streaming content locally.
I'm attempting to stream from my PC to my Android TV but it keeps buffering/stopping and I'm being told that my "network isn't fast enough". This seems odd as I had zero issues streaming the exact same content with my old Belkin Play Max ADSL 2+ modem/router. I have attempted the stream over Ethernet (PC to modem, modem to TV) 2.4ghz and 5ghz - all with the same result. I have even tried streaming some SD quality files and it still happens. I've turned off subtitles on video files and checked transcoding logs to ensure the PC is keeping up with the stream - it is. I've checked that the ethernet ports are functioning - send and receive speeds seem adequate.
The only thing that has changed in my whole set up is going from DSL and the Belkin modem/router to NBN and the Archer.

I'm at a loss. Surely the supplied Archer AC 1600v V2 is more than capable of these tasks?

Hopefully someone can give me some advice here.

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
johnp

Hi

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your account?

regards

johnp