TPG Community

Get online support

TP-LINK AC1200 Installation and internet connection

SOLVED Go to solution
ZachjoeW
Level 3
Hi Karl

I am going to reconnect to my old router if nothing happens for the next 20 minutes or so. I need to use the internet.

Regards,

ZachjoeW
KarlB

Hi @ZachjoeW 

I have request our Helpdesk Team to give you a callback today. But it looks like you just need to manually configure your router. You will need to update the password in your modem/router settings as per the link below. If you don’t feel comfortable updating your router setting, just wait for Helpdesk to call you back and they can step you through the steps.

https://www.tpg.com.au/helpdesk/pppoe/Modem_configuration_TPLINK_Win10.pdf

If you can't recall what your TPG password is, you can get your password sent out from the link below.

https://cyberstore.tpg.com.au/forgot_password.php

Regards,

Karl

ZachjoeW
Level 3
Hi Karl

I will try to do it on my own now and see how it goes.

Regards,

Joseph
ZachjoeW
Level 3

Hi Karl

As I don't have a laptop to connect direct via ethernet to the new router to re-configure the new router, I will continue to use the existing one unless there is a major problem with the wifi. I am using a desktop and it's too troublesome to bring it over to the router/modem ro run the re-configuration. Right now, the wifi is working fine.

Regards,

ZachjoeW

KarlB

Hi @ZachjoeW 

You should be able to change the config via Wi-Fi also if you don't have the option to connect via Ethernet. Just make sure you are connecting into the new router Wi-Fi not your old router.

Regards,

Karl

ZachjoeW
Level 3

Hi Karl

Just gone through the set-up with the help desk. It wasn't easy troubleshooting it but it's all good now with the new router.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

ZachjoeW

KarlB

Hi @ZachjoeW 

Thanks for the update. I'm glad Helpdesk were able to get you up and running.

Regards,

Karl