TP LInk Deco X60

irenech2
Level 2

Just prior to Buying this router (mesh system), I need to upgrade my router to ensure I have no black spots in my house and want to go via the mesh technology for my router.

Can you advise me if this mesh system (deco X60 - WIFI 6) will work with my NBN via HCF on TPG NBN.

Just need to make sure it works before I Buy this router this weekend.

Thankyou for your help

3 REPLIES 3
David_M

Hi @irenech2 

We recommend you use the TPG supplied modem/router for the best support from us.

We don't offer in depth service and advice on non-TPG supplied modems.

However, 

Most VDSL modems should work on your HFC service as long as it has a WAN port and able to be set up as an ethernet connection.

VLAN settings will need to be set to VLAN2.

You will need to configure the modem with your TPG USERNAME and PASSWORD. You can test these are correct on the TPG account or email portals on our web sites.

We can not guarantee the suitability of non-TPG supplied modems.

Regards,

David_M

irenech2
Level 2

Thanks, does TPG offer a mesh system. The issue I am having is I have a few spots in the house that cant get the internet due to the signal of the current router not suppling. Happy to use TPG hardware but need a stronger router.

David_M

Hi @irenech2 

One good solution is to run a LAN network cable from the LAN port of the TPG modem, to the area of your home wifi isnt the best, and plug another router on the other end and configure as a bridge. This becomes a 2nd WIRELESS ACCESS POINT.

The TPG modem does the work, and the 2nd access point will provide stronger wifi coverage for other areas.

Unfortunately you may need to employ a registered cabler to run the network cable through your walls/roof if u dont want a cable exposed on the surface.

A stronger modem may cost the same price with variable results.

Thanks,