TPG Community

Get online support

TP-Link Archer VR1600v - An absolute piece of garbage.

chicaneau
Level 4

Hey TPG,

You aught to be ashamed of yourselves issuing such a piece of crap to your customers.

From 5GHz wifi crashing (and stopping working) and simply poor wifi performance (compared to competitor products) makes it an absolute joke. This forum is full of excuses and stupid recommendations giving customers the run around. 

I've since replaced it with a Netgear D6400. A solid reliable device. This is what a company who cares about their customers would be issuing instead of the cheap crap that you are handing out. 

You deserve a class action for issuing devices that are not fit for purpose.

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @chicaneau

We did try a different firmware with the modem, also offered a replacement of modem just in case it was a hardware issue. We even offered an on-site tech to test the problem with them real time, so they can fix the problem, or recommend a solution.

However, based on our Engineering Team assessment discussed that our supplied modem is not compatible with the IOT PowerPoint device. This is out of scope of support as this is advance features of the modem. Please understand that the modem we provide is standard modem and we provide the modem for all our NBN plans for free as they are sold as an Internet & Home Phone Bundle. 

If you wish to use advance features of modem/router you may use a 3rd party modem/router and we will provide you with the settings required to configure your 3rd party modem with the settings required to access the internet.  

Note: The VoIP feature will only work using our supplied modem/router.

Regards, 

chicaneau
Level 4

Hi Shane,

>We did try a different firmware with the modem, also offered a replacement of modem just in case it was a >hardware issue. We even offered an on-site tech to test the problem with them real time, so they can fix >the problem, or recommend a solution.

I had a replacement modem sent out, and I also had a tech come out to look at it. The 5GHz WiFi stopping working is the issue I am talking about here. This issue plagued both of the supplied devices. Even with the latest firmware.

Please refer to this thread discussing the issue:
https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/5ghz-wifi-loses-connection-archer-vr1600v/td-p/40...

Regards,