TPG Community

Get online support

TP-Link VR1600v DHCP Fails

SOLVED Go to solution
ezrabruell
Level 2

3x TP-Link switches, 1 TP-Link Range Extender (access point mode), plus the usual phones, tablets, computers, TVs, gaming consoles, NAS storage etc.

Majanzo
Level 3
I know it sounds annoying but try to statically assign the devices on your network with an IP address outside of the Archer DHCP range.

I found it was my Apple Timecapsule conflicting with the Archer even though it’s inbuilt DHCP server was disabled.

There is a particular device that’s upsetting the archer.

Eg

If the archer DCHP range is 192.168.0.10 - 192.168.0.100, assign a static ip of 192.168.0.101. Only assign the static IP address to one device at a time and see if you can rule out the problematic device.

Hope that makes sense
ezrabruell
Level 2

Thanks Majanzo.

Your message has reminded me we also have Arlo security cameras on the network. The base station gets an IP from our Archer router, but it has it's own wifi (and DHCP, I presume) which the cameras connect to. It is effectively a black box that I can't configure. That is the only device I can think of that might be assigning IP address which conflict.

So I have tried changing the IP address range for my Archer router to see if that removes the conflicting addresses and resulting issue. I'll see how it goes over the coming 6 weeks to see if this resolves the issue.

Thanks again