TPG Community

Get online support

TP link VR1600v no internet

Chrisdelaharpe
Level 2
Hey guys

My TP Link lost the internet light, and after rebooting it, I've not only had no internet, but following the same instructions to set everything up doesn't work at all. The internet light doesn't turn on, and accessing the modem via browser shows me no internet.

I honestly don't know what else to try. I've turned both TP Link and FTTC boxes off/on again, I've rebooted, I've followed all the instructions I found in other posts on setting things up, including manually setting the modem up, but no luck.

I reported a similar problem earlier in the week, however that was resolved today when an NBN technician came over. This happened way after the technician had left.

On a side note, while the internet was working earlier in the day, I ran a speed test and was getting a max of 0.3mpbs, at times barely 0.1mbps.

Hoping you guys can help me out ASAP, as I'm full time working from home and whilst tethering is easy, my phone reception isn't amazing, so I'm really struggling here.

Thanks!
Chris
1 REPLY 1
Riezl

Hi @Chrisdelaharpe ,

For customers experiencing any issues with their service, we recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages. If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage 

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link: 

If the issue persists, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and further assist you.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community