TPG Community

Get online support

TPG Slow speeds result in AC68U not working

mfogarty85
Level 2

Hi all,

First time posting here, hoping I can get some help. I've been with TPG for a few years now with no problems at all, quite a happy customer. Was using my Asus AC68U to connect to the internet.

A few weeks ago, I started having a few interuptions to service, small dropouts, not for long but would happen enough times in the day to be annoying.

I called TPG to raise an issue and was told by the tech they "reset" my settings. Internet dropped out and just didn't work. I had to dig up my TPG supplied Archer VR1600v which worked immediately. The drop outs were fixed too.

I'd still like to go back to using my Asus modem/router with all my old configured settings but the DSL light doesn't even light up anymore, whereas before the initial call to TPG, it worked perfectly.

Anyone have any experience with anything like this?

8 REPLIES 8
Shane

What type of NBN technology do you have? Could you post on this thread the internet settings used on the ASUS-AC68U to connect with TPG? 

Hi all,

First time posting here, hoping I can get some help. I've been with TPG for a few years now with no problems at all, quite a happy customer. Was using my Asus AC68U to connect to the internet.

A few weeks ago, I started having a few interuptions to service, small dropouts, not for long but would happen enough times in the day to be annoying.

I called TPG to raise an issue and was told by the tech they "reset" my settings. Internet dropped out and just didn't work. I had to dig up my TPG supplied Archer VR1600v which worked immediately. The drop outs were fixed too.

I'd still like to go back to using my Asus modem/router with all my old configured settings but the DSL light doesn't even light up anymore, whereas before the initial call to TPG, it worked perfectly.

Anyone have any experience with anything like this?

mfogarty85
Level 2

Hi Shane, thanks for the reply.

Currently on FTTB M Bundle and attached a picture of the settings.

Shane

Hi @mfogarty85,

I can see that all settings are correct. Can you confirm what other options we can select on PPP Authentication?

Regards,

Hi Shane, thanks for the reply.

Currently on FTTB M Bundle and attached a picture of the settings.

mfogarty85
Level 2

Hi Shane,

The options under PPP Authentication are:

- Auto

- PAP

- CHAP

Cheers,

Matt

Shane

Please try to select PAP and CHAP, update this thread on how it will go.

mfogarty85
Level 2

Hi Shane,

I tried both other options with no luck unfortunately.

Shane

We can confirm that all settings are correct, proven that its worked before with the same settings and our supplied modem is also working at this time. We recommend to raise this to the manufacturer support for investigation.

Hi Shane,

I tried both other options with no luck unfortunately.

david64
Level 15

Hi @mfogarty85 . Presume this is Asus DSL-AC68U.

Something to try.

Have it disconnected from network. Do factory reset and reconfigure as normal, save settings and turn off.

Connect to phone socket and turn it on. Give it a few minutes to try to connect, then login to router.

Go to Advanced Settings, System Log and see if the router is detecting any problem.

If you are able, save the log on your computer/tablet, then copy and paste the text into your reply.

The Asus might also have DSL info: line speeds, SNR and error counts.