TPG Community

Get online support

TPG supplied TP Link VR1600v freezes every 1 or 2 days!

Shane

Hi @ivanchoi83,

The issue has been escalated to our Engineering Team for further investigation, assessment may take 24-48hrs and updates will be provided via SMS or Phone call when it becomes available.

On the other hand, please shoot me a private message with the tracking number of faulty modem so we can track it.

Regards,

Received a call from one of your technicians but no solution as expected.
He also said I didn’t return the first faulty modem and obviously TPG has no ideal what is going on. The tracking clearly showed delivered!
ivanchoi83
Level 3

Hi Shane,

You can find the screenshot of the tracking record from my previous message. The faulty modem was delivered on 1/6.

Ahra_G

Hi @ivanchoi83,

We have passed the information along to our Engineering Team for further investigation. 

Kindly await for their feedback via phone call or SMS.

-Ahra_G

chicaneau
Level 4
Hi @ivanchoi83,

You've got the same issue - 5GHz radio simply stops working.

Tpg support are masters of giving their customers the run around (reboot, factory reset, replace with another faulty modem, or to use 2.4GHz wifi instead).

In my opinion these devices are faulty and simply not fit for purpose.

ivanchoi83
Level 3

Hey @chicaneau 

Exactly! I complain those issues right after the installation. No solution from them at all even a technician came. I keep asking for service termination but they won't let me do it without paying penalty.Then they sent you a sms to notify you that the connection is fine and the case is closed!

They want to send me another "faulty" modem yesterday but suddenly accused me that I still haven't sent the first faulty modem back even though the tracking showed "delivered" on 1/6! What do i keep the faulty modem for?? I told them many times that the line/NBN has no issue but their rubbish modem. The modem itself just couldn't handle the traffic and having serious design fault.

ivanchoi83
Level 3

Got another call today from the senior technican about the issues, but still no soloution as expected. She wants me to do some tests which i had done 2 times and the results were sent to

networktest@tpg.com.au and helpdesk@tpg.com.au, and also the Moderators here!

However no one seems to check the emails and no one has ever seen the results. What is the point to ask me do the tests again????? I was told that the 5g wifi network can't be connected could be the NBN issue as other users  in my area also report the same issue! Are you serious???

If you don't want or can't fix the issue, please terminate my service!

ivanchoi83
Level 3
Another modem reboot tonight. No Internet connection on 5G wifi. After rebooting the modem, the phone light on the modem wasn’t on. 5G wifi is still not working while 2.4g and LAN connections are fine!
chicaneau
Level 4

@ivanchoi83 this modem is a piece of junk. I have since replaced it with a Netgear D6400 that works 100x better. TPG should be ashamed with themselves by knowingly handing out junk devices (and also congesting 2.4Ghz spectrum because 5GHz is faulty and stops working).

ivanchoi83
Level 3

@chicaneau After a lot of phone calls about monitoring the modem and doing more tests and tests....., i lodged a complaint to TIO. You know what, a compaint case manager from TPG called me after a few days and he admited that they can't fix the modem and let me terminate the service without any penalty!

Joined Optus stright away and have the connection less than a week. The most important thing is that no more crappy modem and now I even have a faster download speed and much stronger and stable wifi signal!!