TPG Community

Get online support

Thermomix (Kitchen Appliance) cannot connect to internet

averillyvonnew
Level 2

Since I changed to TPG I cannot connect my Thermomix to the internet. Apparently it does not connect to 5G only to a lower bandwidth.  Can anyone tell me how to access a lower bandwidth on my TPG tower?

I use this machine every day but now I can only access recipes through the Cookidoo app on my phone which means I have to do everything manually (not ideal)

If I can access a lower bandwidth for this device, how will that affect all my other devices?  Will they then have a slower internet speed? 

11 REPLIES 11
Shane

Hi @averillyvonnew 

We'd love to help and see how the Thermomix will connect to the Wi-Fi. We'd like to set your expectation that we can only provide basic troubleshooting to connect the device.

Are you with TPG 5G home broadband or TPG-NBN connection? If you are on TPG 5G or 4G home broadband home appliances will not work as the connection comes with CG-Nat.

For more information, you may visit the link below.

All About TPG Home Wireless Broadband

Could you shoot us a PM with your details to better understand the situation, how to send a PM? 

Regards,

Since I changed to TPG I cannot connect my Thermomix to the internet. Apparently it does not connect to 5G only to a lower bandwidth.  Can anyone tell me how to access a lower bandwidth on my TPG tower?

I use this machine every day but now I can only access recipes through the Cookidoo app on my phone which means I have to do everything manually (not ideal)

If I can access a lower bandwidth for this device, how will that affect all my other devices?  Will they then have a slower internet speed? 

david64
Level 15

Hi @averillyvonnew . What type of NBN connection do you have?

What model wifi router?

The thing with CG-NAT is only with 4G/5G wireless broadband and stops you from logging in to your Thermomix when you are out of the house. It doesn't stop devices connecting out to the internet.

Do the Thermomix instructions say it only uses the 2.4GHz wifi band? This must be enabled in the router config, and its name must be different from the 5GHz name.

If the Thermomix menu shows both wifi bands, then it can connect to either.

If Thermomix uses WPS method to connect to wifi, that function has to be enabled in the router wireless settings.

david64
Level 15

@averillyvonnew . It would be useful to know what type of TPG router you have. If it is accessible to you, the model number is on the label on the unit.

When you say Home Broadband, this is a NBN connection, not TPG's 4G/5G Wireless (SIM) broadband?

Does this unit connect to a NBN box (the FTTP connection device)?

TPG 4G/5G doesn't support a VOIP phone.

If you are FTTP connection, the phone connects to the NBN box. The router has no impact here.

Either way, you could check if the Netgear can be made to work on TPG connection.

What model Nighthawk is it?

What model is your Thermomix? The TM6 can connect to 2.4GHz or 5GHz band.

Does the Thermomix show both networks coming from your router?

WPS is a simpler way of connecting to wifi. Usually, it has to be enabled on the router. Otherwise, you have to type in the wifi password to make the connection.

Whether a phone is 4G or 5G should be irrelevant. Your phone being 5G might have something in its wifi the Thermomix can't handle.

david64
Level 15

@averillyvonnew . The Sagemcom has no user manual and can be finicky to manage.

You should find the Netgear router because it might be able to be used as an access point connected by cable to the Sagemcom. The Thermomix will connect to the Netgear wifi and through it to Sagemcom.

david64
Level 15

@averillyvonnew . Other thing to try on Sagemcom. If you can find a setting for Band Steering, disable it, and check that the 2 wifi bands have different names. This might allow the Thermomix to connect to the 2.4GHz band. You won't need the guest network.

If that still doesn't work, try connecting the Netgear as mentioned above.

Tuwheels
Level 2
Hi @david64
I am also having trouble connecting a Thermomix TM5 to my new TPG Sagemcom 5G wireless router. Band steering is configured to allow both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands. Both named differently. The TM5 can see the 2.4GHZ band but cannot connect to it either with password or WPS. The TM5 connects happily to my iPhone hotspot. Any suggestions greatly appreciated
Thanks
Jamie
david64
Level 15

Hi @Tuwheels . A lot of users are having a problem with Sagemcom wifi.

Do you still have the router you were using before Sagemcom? If so, you can use it as a wifi access point connected to Sagemcom. 

Tuwheels
Level 2
Hi @david64
Thanks for that. I will give that a go
Jamie
Tuwheels
Level 2
Hi @david64
Your recommendation worked a treat. Thanks so much for your prompt assistance
Jamie