TPG Community

Get online support

Unstable Internet (FTTN50 Plan)

Tinkler
Level 2

Hi TPG,

I have a few questions I'm hoping I can get some help with in regards to some instability I have been experiencing. Ultimately I'm trying to work out if the instability is due to a faulty modem or if it has something to do with the line.

I have been experiencing a lot of random drop outs recently with our NBN FTTN 50 plan. I decided to keep a log of some recent ones.

28/01/2021 - 7:30am

28/01/2021 - 10:55am

28/01/2021 - 11:14am

28/01/2021 - 11:24am

28/01/2021 - 11:44am

03/02/2021 - Sometime during the day (8:30am-4:00pm)

03/02/2021 - 9:13 pm

A lot of the times it would shortly return, other times it would take quite some time. Another thing to note is every time we experience a drop out the router seems to lose any custom WIFI SSID name and the WIFI password.

2. Throughout this experience I have also tried to work out what the default WIFI password is. There is no mention on the rear of the unit (only the default router log-in details and default SSID). Modem is a HuaWei HG658.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @Tinkler ,

Welcome to the community!

We're sad to know that you're having issues with the service, I was able to locate the account using the community details and ran an initial test. The result shows mulitple dropouts from the modem/router connection to our network. Please shoot me a private message with your best contact number and preferred time we'll have one of our Technicians contact you tomorrow for real-time test and investigations.

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@Tinkler wrote:

Hi TPG,

I have a few questions I'm hoping I can get some help with in regards to some instability I have been experiencing. Ultimately I'm trying to work out if the instability is due to a faulty modem or if it has something to do with the line.

I have been experiencing a lot of random drop outs recently with our NBN FTTN 50 plan. I decided to keep a log of some recent ones.

28/01/2021 - 7:30am

28/01/2021 - 10:55am

28/01/2021 - 11:14am

28/01/2021 - 11:24am

28/01/2021 - 11:44am

03/02/2021 - Sometime during the day (8:30am-4:00pm)

03/02/2021 - 9:13 pm

A lot of the times it would shortly return, other times it would take quite some time. Another thing to note is every time we experience a drop out the router seems to lose any custom WIFI SSID name and the WIFI password.

2. Throughout this experience I have also tried to work out what the default WIFI password is. There is no mention on the rear of the unit (only the default router log-in details and default SSID). Modem is a HuaWei HG658.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @Tinkler ,

Thanks for sending me your details yesterday, I've seen that you have been in contact with one of our Technicians and raised this has been escalated to our Engineering Team for further handling and investigation. Assessment may take 24-48hrs, expect updates via SMS or Phone call from one of our Engineers.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,