TPG Community

Get online support

Upgrade Archer VR1600v modem for the NBN.

PeteB
Level 2

I have an Archer VR1600v modem for the NBN. I'm dissatisfied with the parental controls and wondering if there is a better one out there that will give improved speeds and more sophisticated access controls at a modest price.

When I look up modems I can't know what traps I might fall into in connectivity and the like. Even the shop guy couldn't home in on one that would definitely work on the NBN.

TIA

Cheers

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @PeteB,

The modem we provide is a standard modem, our supplied TP-Link vr1600 parental control only support word restriction unfortunately it does not have a feature to manually block a website/URL.

You may look for a 3rd party software that will allow you to block website/URL. Let us know should you require further assistance.

We do not recommend specific model and brand of a modem/router you have the option to look on google the best modem/router that comes with parental control feature.

Note: As the Home Phone component of your bundle is encrypted for security, you will need to use our modem if you are to make and receive phone calls

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards, 

I have an Archer VR1600v modem for the NBN. I'm dissatisfied with the parental controls and wondering if there is a better one out there that will give improved speeds and more sophisticated access controls at a modest price.

When I look up modems I can't know what traps I might fall into in connectivity and the like. Even the shop guy couldn't home in on one that would definitely work on the NBN.

TIA

Cheers