TPG Community

Get online support

Using Archer D9 with my TPG NBN FTTC connection

aslam1981
Level 2

Hi Team,

I do have a TP-Link Archer D9 Modem which I want to usue with my TPG NBN connection because the modem which I got with the connection doesn't have good coverage.

I have found the following thread on your website related to the same requirement.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/Using-Archer-D9-for-FTTC-connection/td-p/52645

Can you please also provide me that firmware / guidelines about setting up my Archer D9 with TPG NBN ?

Waiting for your early response.

Thanks,

Jaz

9 REPLIES 9
johnp

Hi

Please send me via Private Message your username , customer account number or mobile phone number attached to your service so I can check.

John

sajalm

Hi @aslam1981 

Thank you for your enquiry but we don't support Third Party Modems but you can try and get details support from your manufacturer, the main setting is that you may need to set VLan as 2.

Here is the link if you like to try

https://www.tp-link.com/au/support/download/archer-d9/

Regards,

Sajal

aslam1981
Level 2

Hi Sajal,

There are a couple of firmware available on that link for Archer D9 Modem.

Which firmware no. will I need to use for setting that VLAN ?

Thanks,

Jaz

sajalm

Hi @aslam1981 

You only need to change setting of Vlan to VLAN 2. But when I check in website, it seems, it is only compatible with ADSL, ADSL 2 plus, FTTP and FTTH. You may need to check with tp link.

Compatibility NBN - Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) - Wireless Router Mode.
NBN - Fibre to the Home (FTTH) - Wireless Router Mode.

For further information on NBN connections please visit: http://www.nbnco.com.au/learn-about-the-nbn/network-technology.html

Regards,

Sajal

aslam1981
Level 2

Hi Sajal,

I have checked but my Archer D9 doesn't have any option to add/create any VLANs.

Can you please check & update the existing firmware of my currently installed Archer 1600v modem to some latest & better firmware to fix signaling & disconnection issues ?

Thanks.

sajalm

Hi @aslam1981 ,

I will foward your issue to relevant department , pls wait for their call.

Regards,

Sajal

Ken-C

Hi there aslam1981,

Had a quick look at your account and from what i can see your modem is relatively new as it was sent out to you last month and from what you provided it does actually already have the latest current production of firmware available.

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 190228 Rel.72265n  Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v2 00000000

As mentioned unfortunately we do not support third party modems however you can request ifo and upgrades to firmware for your Archer D9 through TPlink  

Hope that helps 

Kind regards 

aslam1981
Level 2

Hi Ken,

The modem was sent to me in January when I upgraded my connection from ADSL to NBN & not last month.

Seems your record is not updated.

Ken-C

Hi there aslam1981,

My sincere apologies my mistake, i was looking at the wrong date on your account instead of the 3/1/2020. I can assure you our records are very accurate indeed, sorry for the mix up Smiley Happy

Hope all is well, please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns i can help with.

Kind regards