TPG Community

Get online support

Using HG659 as the wifi extender for Netcomm Cloudmesh NF18MESH

SOLVED Go to solution
david64
Level 15

Hi @NiMa . Are you able to connect the old laptop to the Netcomm wifi? Do ipconfig/all on old laptop. Does it have any IPv6 addresses or only IPv4? If the old laptop is only IPv4 and it is always OK, there must be some interaction on the new laptop with IPv6 and the Huawei.

Do you know anyone with a laptop they can bring over and connect to your Netcomm and do the same experiment by turning Huawei on and off? If theirs is IPv4, I'd expect it to work. If theirs is IPv6 and it has no problem, then something is wrong with your laptop. If theirs also fails, there's something going in Windows I don't understand.

What model is the new laptop? How new?

Was it working OK when you had the Huawei by itself?

What IP address did you set on the Huawei?

Do all your devices have reserved IP addresses on the Netcomm or do they get a random address whenever they connect?

What is the dynamic pool range on Netcomm?

Regarding my previous post, when the laptop has the problem, can you ping those addresses and can you enter the TPG url in the browser?

NiMa
Level 2

Hi @david64,

I just found the reason for this kind of weird behaviour of the new laptop. It was simply the pre-installed McAfee antivirus. I had a different experience with this antivirus before and the moment I saw its logo on my taskbar I suddenly realised it must be it and I was right. The moment I removed it from my laptop and replaced it with another paid antivirus, everything went back to normal and the internet is now working fine. I don't know why but maybe its high level of sensitivity to things like this causes these sorts of issues such as IP blockage, internet blockage, etc. Maybe that's why I don't really like Mcafee as an antivirus. Anyhow, I just wanted to say thank you mate for all your efforts in helping me. You are truly a legend Smiley Happy 

Cheers,

Nima

saragarces89
Level 2

@david64 is that LAN to LAN or LAN to WAN (HG659)?

david64
Level 15

Hi @saragarces89 . For this method, it is LAN to LAN. 

There might be another method that would use the WAN port on the secondary router.