TPG Community

Get online support

VOIP Settings for D-Link DVA-2800

rgb
Level 2
Level 2

Could you please advise the VOIP settings needed for replacement Modem/router D-Link DVA-2800 after the Hauawei HG659 lost the WIFI connection , probably as a result of a storm.

regards,

Robert

2 REPLIES 2
cjwilkie
Level 2

Robert,

I think I have sorted out the VOIP setting for the DVA2800 but cannot chack them as my router will not connect to the internet

I am missing something have you sorted that bit ?

General TPG settings and configurations for ADSL2+ Broadband, 3G Mobile APN, DNS, Email, VoIPIP TV, modems and ... TPG Domain Name Server (DNS).

SIP Registrar Address‎: ‎aphone.tpg.com.au

VOIP Service Provider‎: ‎Others

SIP Proxy Server‎: ‎aphone.tpg.com.au

SIP Outbound Proxy‎: ‎aphone.tpg.com.au

This is what I have found

Also the user name at the bottom of the screen is your full national phone number...see DVA2800 setup manual

Password i assume is your usual Internet service password but don't know as I still have sorted the internet access setup

Trust this helps and appreciate any advice you can give regards the internet connection setings

Regards,

chris.....

Riezl

Hi,

For security reasons the home phone component of your bundle is encrypted and requires the use of our modem, to make and receive phone calls.

The company has made a business decision to not make the VOIP settings available for 3rd party routers.

In regards to the settings for the included voice service, we have chosen not to supply these to end users to simplify setup and to ensure the security of our customer's connection. We make this clear to all customers before signup by indicating that a router supplied by TPG must be used with the service.

This is in our terms and conditions which are available on the TPG website at https://tpg.com.au/terms_conditions/tpg_voice.php. We appreciate your honest feedback however we make decisions based on our customer needs and security is paramount.

If you have other TPG internet concerns, please PM us your customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community