TPG Community

Get online support

VX220-G2V - Parental Controls

gskoropada
Level 2

Hi,

My TP-Link VX220-G2v modem has a section to setup parental controls.

I've tried to add some devices in there, to restrict what times those can connect to the internet, but no mater what I do it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Does someone know how those work? What do I need to do to block some devices at certain time periods?

Cheers,

3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Hi @gskoropada . There's some doubt at TPG about whether parental controls work. 

First, have you set the current time in the router?

Then, it should only be necessary to make one entry for each device (MAC address) to be restricted, and mark the times for the restriction to apply.

You can leave Content Restriction disabled.

Shane

Hi @gskoropada,

Could you send us a PM with your details so we can check this with our engineering team to confirm if the parental control can be used?

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi,

My TP-Link VX220-G2v modem has a section to setup parental controls.

I've tried to add some devices in there, to restrict what times those can connect to the internet, but no mater what I do it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Does someone know how those work? What do I need to do to block some devices at certain time periods?

Cheers,

gskoropada
Level 2

@david64 wrote:

Hi @gskoropada . There's some doubt at TPG about whether parental controls work. 

First, have you set the current time in the router?

Then, it should only be necessary to make one entry for each device (MAC address) to be restricted, and mark the times for the restriction to apply.

You can leave Content Restriction disabled.

Hi @david64,

I have set the time and rules for specific devices, but it doesn't seem to have any effect at all.

I even tried with some broad content restriction but it didn't do much either.