TPG Community

Get online support

VX420-G2v modem. Can't access LAN ports

wagtail
Level 2

At least, when I plug in my NAS into the LAN ports, none of the four ports light up and the NAS doesn't access network. I've tried two Cat5 cables. I've tried to plug my Mac into a LAN port and according to the network info, there is no Ethernet plugged in.

So, is there something else I'm supposed to do to get access to the LAN ports 1-4? 

The wireless internet is fine.  

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

The LAN port should be working fine unless the modem/router is proven faulty. Have you tried different device into the LAN? To better understand the situation send us your details via PM (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How to send a PM? https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093.

At least, when I plug in my NAS into the LAN ports, none of the four ports light up and the NAS doesn't access network. I've tried two Cat5 cables. I've tried to plug my Mac into a LAN port and according to the network info, there is no Ethernet plugged in.

So, is there something else I'm supposed to do to get access to the LAN ports 1-4? 

Thanks.

Shane

We've got your PM! We'll continue responding there to avoid redundancy, cheers! 

Thanks.