TPG Community

Get online support

Help Setting Up Modem - Archer VR600 v1

jamesbrisbane
Level 2

Hello,

I'm just troubleshooting connection issues with our Archer VR1600v so I decided to try an old modem/router we own.

Firstly, is the TP-Link Archer VR600 v1 supported for TPG HFC NBN?

If so, when I connect it and enter the same username/password details I have in our VR1600v, the modem fails to login and I can't get an internet connection.

Also, our VR1600v shows 'noPassword' as our password (and that's not our password). 

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
david64
Level 15

Hi @jamesbrisbane . Archer v1 works on HFC.

Does your regular Archer still get an internet connection?

If not, what is the state of lights on the NBN box?

On the Archer v1, do factory reset. Put in the config details same as those in the regular Archer, noting whether VLAN ID is used or not. Settings are PPPoE, username + @tpg.com.au and password.

jamesbrisbane
Level 2

Hi David,

Yeah I have internet on the TPG Archer (the one shipped when the NBN was connected. The only odd thing in the modem/router settings is that password shows as 'noPassword', which is not our password. Maybe that's just a default security thing to hide the actual password.

I factory reset the Archer v1 before setup. I then entered all the correct settings (PPPoE, username@tpg.com.au, password) and it just wouldn't work. I even tried the 'noPassword' after the actual password failed, just in case. It's not a huge issue, but I wanted to check if the Archer v1 provides a stronger 5G connection.

All the correct lights are on (WiFi, internet etc)

Thanks for your help.

david64
Level 15

@jamesbrisbane .. The TPG Archer works so that's all fine. 

When setting up Archer v1, enter the settings as in the TPG Archer,  including the vlan id.

(I used the word username but it means your own username.)

Remove cable from TPG Archer and connect to Archer v1.

You can save the System Log to your computer, then copy and paste the last bit in your reply.

There's a chance it may be broken.

jamesbrisbane
Level 2

Hi David,

Yeah I entered username as my actual login/username, don't worry! haha

What are you referring to with VLAN ID? Just to be sure. I'll give it another go tomorrow and save a system log.

Thank you

david64
Level 15

@jamesbrisbane . On the EWAN config screen, compare the enable vlan setting and the vlan id with the TPG Archer..

jamesbrisbane
Level 2

Hi David,

Just wanted to give you an update. I couldn't get it to work unfortunately. Tried quite a few different things including your suggestions. I think the firmware update on the TP-Link page wasn't working so I didn't have some settings available. Appreciate your help! Thank you.