TPG Community

Get online support

Why TPG Not use a modem which is customer can check and upgrade Firmware by them self

SOLVED Go to solution
mbanh
Level 3

I really don't understand why the TPG doesn't Provide a modem that its users easily check out and upgrade to a newer version if available , I can see here many people questioning whether or not the firmware version of their modem has been lasted version . This is not easy and convenient for the customer at all! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @mbanh,

We appreciate your feedback I believe this will help us to improve more of our service, we'll pass this on internally.

Regards,

If this is how TPG does it, how will customers know when a new firmware version is released to upgrade their modem.

It should be have a notice : new firmware is available and customers need contact TPG for further instructions

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @mbanh ,

We’ve optimised the setup of our Supplied modem/router to complement our specifically configured modem settings. We provide the modem for all our NBN plans as they are sold as an Internet & Home Phone Bundle. Our Engineers can only make a change or upgrade the firmware of our supplied modem for security purposes.

Regards,

@mbanh wrote:

I really don't understand why the TPG doesn't Provide a modem that its users easily check out and upgrade to a newer version if available , I can see here many people questioning whether or not the firmware version of their modem has been lasted version . This is not easy and convenient for the customer at all! 

mbanh
Level 3

If this is how TPG does it, how will customers know when a new firmware version is released to upgrade their modem.

It should be have a notice : new firmware is available and customers need contact TPG for further instructions

Shane

Hi @mbanh,

We appreciate your feedback I believe this will help us to improve more of our service, we'll pass this on internally.

Regards,