TPG Community

Get online support

Why block my modem TPG

trentdolley
Level 3

I have a Netgear D6220 that was conneted for 3 mounths working much better then the Huawie then it just  stopped working, I tried for mouths to get it woking again but when I started using onther family's log in info it started working again.

So I made a call asking why are you blocking me from loging on with my own modem to which I get a reply "we don't do that", but the strange thing is it started working again with out me touching a thing.

2 months later it stopped again so when I called back to ask why are you blocking my modem agian I got told it was not capatble with them and I should just use there modem which I find to be a big pill of crap that is all locked up so I change setting for fit my network.

Not Happy TPG this is bull crap and not how to treat your customers!!

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @trentdolley ,

Thanks for raising this to us. There are many reason for the service or connection to be disconnected.

It could be line issue, network issue or outage. We recommend the best thing to do first is check if there's an outage.

Check our Service Status page for any known outages. If you're on NBN, we have created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage 

If there are no known outages in your area, you can proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated on this link: 

If you are using a WIFI connection, then you may check these links to improve your home network.

There is no way TPG can access and block the modem/router. If the issue is occuring every 2-3 months it possible that the modem/router is faulty.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

@trentdolley wrote:

I have a Netgear D6220 that was conneted for 3 mounths working much better then the Huawie then it just  stopped working, I tried for mouths to get it woking again but when I started using onther family's log in info it started working again.

So I made a call asking why are you blocking me from loging on with my own modem to which I get a reply "we don't do that", but the strange thing is it started working again with out me touching a thing.

2 months later it stopped again so when I called back to ask why are you blocking my modem agian I got told it was not capatble with them and I should just use there modem which I find to be a big pill of crap that is all locked up so I change setting for fit my network.

Not Happy TPG this is bull crap and not how to treat your customers!!