TPG Community

Get online support

Wifi randomly disconnecting

andreabisi
Level 2

I have NBN since a couple of years. In the last 30-40 days I am having wifi modem randomly disconnecting. It may be 3-4 times in a day, then it may be OK for a day, and then disconnects again 1-2 times. At different hours of the day.

The WiFi seems to be available, but with no internet connection. I reboot the WIFi modem only and generally all is back. It is quite annoying especially since I work from home.

The modem has always been in the same position, I have line of sight with my main computer, I have tried to configure the modem on the Channel 11 as suggested, but with no improvements.

I never saw the wifi modem in the exact moment that it disconnects. However, as I realize that no internet is available and I look at the WiFi modem, the internet light is green (see attached picture), but no internet is available.

My impression is that the WiFi modem reboots or has some error, then reset itself but fails to pick up the internet line. I do not have another WiFi modem to test, so I cannot be sure.

Any help is appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @andreabisi 

Thanks for raising this with us.

When you experience the connection drops, do all of your devices were affected or just the one?

Have you tried different WiFi channels? Do you have any Wired devices that experience the same issue?

You may check these articles that will help you improve your home WiFi network as signal interference may be the cause of it.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV