TPG Community

Get online support

Wifi speed is playing up !

SOLVED Go to solution
mbanh
Level 3

I got a problem about 2 weeks from now with wifi speed  playing up and down sometime just about 3Mps ( my plan is 25 ) this never happen before even contact technical service and changed over new modem also technician come to my home to test ,he said  try  to switch the different channel let see any better  if still occur put back to auto and  reboot the modem when it happen !

This is not good for long-term... 

I think something have been change and  it concern with Telstra that make many people got the same wifi problem which is not happen before! 

It is not the best solution  to keep rebooting router each time when  wifi speed slowed  .TPG should find out what going on .....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mbanh
Level 3

The speed test from desktop which is  by connected by Ethernet cable is OK , it only problem with wifi  ,as i said technician came to me house tested and try  to modifying my modem in wifi  channel setting  but it still happen on  next day .So  i try to change to difference channel  on modem again  and keep an eye to see which channel is the best for my house ...so far 2 days past  my wifi speed is in the acceptable range between 20 to 26 MPs.Hopefully this channel is the right one ( auto is not working good ).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @mbanh ,

Thanks for raising this to us. To identfy the actual speed of the service, please run a speed test using a desktop/laptop connected via LAN/Ethernet and post the screenshot on this thread.

Actual throughput speeds may be slower and could vary due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users simultaneously using the network and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by TPG. Devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable.

Regards,

@mbanh wrote:

I got a problem about 2 weeks from now with wifi speed  playing up and down sometime just about 3Mps ( my plan is 25 ) this never happen before even contact technical service and changed over new modem also technician come to my home to test ,he said  try  to switch the different channel let see any better  if still occur put back to auto and  reboot the modem when it happen !

This is not good for long-term... 

I think something have been change and  it concern with Telstra that make many people got the same wifi problem which is not happen before! 

It is not the best solution  to keep rebooting router each time when  wifi speed slowed  .TPG should find out what going on .....

mbanh
Level 3

The speed test from desktop which is  by connected by Ethernet cable is OK , it only problem with wifi  ,as i said technician came to me house tested and try  to modifying my modem in wifi  channel setting  but it still happen on  next day .So  i try to change to difference channel  on modem again  and keep an eye to see which channel is the best for my house ...so far 2 days past  my wifi speed is in the acceptable range between 20 to 26 MPs.Hopefully this channel is the right one ( auto is not working good ).

Shane

Thanks for the confirmation @mbanh. There are free WiFi analyser application available on Apple Store/Google Play Store that you can install and use to check which Wi-Fi channel have less interference. We'd like to set your expectation that TPG is not promoting any specific application nor will it be responsible for any possible issue that it may cause on the system.

Regards,