Wow not working

BD1
Level 2
Level 2

Our router supplied by tpg was checked by the nbn and they said it's very weak. So we purchased tp link mesh extenders but you can't use them because the tp link router supplied by tpg doesn't have a WPS  button that works. We didn't set this up tpg did. So can some one help us . All the information says go into your app which we don't have and then asks for security and information we didn't have because we didn't set it up. Any clues how to fix this? We essentially pay for NBN that can't even run the tv it's so slow or no signal in the next room!!! I have to have an Ethernet cable direct plugged to get my business connected and lately it takes 2 to 3 minutes to load one page on the net😡

5 REPLIES 5
Angeli

Hi @BD1

We recommend that you check out the community articles below:

Hope it helps! Feel free to let us know should you require further assistance.  

-Angeli

david64
Level 15

Hi @BD1 . What model wifi router and wifi extender do you have?

What type of NBN connection do you have?

What is your plan speed?

What up and down speed do you get using TPG speed test on your ethernet connected computer?

BD1
Level 2
Level 2

Hi David,

My router is TP Link VR1600V version 2

My NBN connection ????

My Plan is NBN CABLE 50

Plan speed 50

I get really varied speeds and they test and it is 50+ down and 18 up  However we have been as low as single didgets on occasions.  The ethernet computer is ususally reasonable but it too can just have days were it is totally rubbish. Ive seen pigeons with one wing faster than it goes.  Our main issue is the T.V. which is two rooms from the modem with just plaster walls and it contsantly cannot run a movie.

My main issue is the Mesh connectors are from TP Link too.  We followed the information from TP LINK and in the end it recommended restting the modem to get WPS activated.  Wenow cannot reconfigure the modem and it is a complete mess.  Does TPG have technicians who come and sort this out?

BD1
Level 2
Level 2

Hi David,   the connection is  HFC  thanks

david64
Level 15

@BD1 . Your best speed is about 45/18 on your ethernet computer.

On the VR1600, WPS has to be enabled in the admin configuration. (Advanced, Wireless, Advanced Settings)

Also, check Bandwidth Control. Try setting Upstream Bandwidth to 19500 Kbps.

Run TPG speed test on support page. The speed may fluctuate a bit. During the upload part, check that the chart progresses smoothly.

Regarding configuring the router, are you able to login to it?  After reset, it will auto configure, or you just put your username and password in. (Advanced, Network, EWAN)