TPG Community

Get online support

ppp3 Timeout waiting for PADO packets (3046)

theouitdenwaal
Level 2

Hi,

I moved into my new home on 16/6/21 (3 months ago) and experience the infamous internet drop outs with error ppp3 Timeout waiting for PADO packets, seemingly every single time it starts raining. 

As long as it does not rain, I have a stable internet connection, without any issues. I tried the obvious remedies, such as rebooting of modem, disconnecting all devices apart from 1 and with a cable connected. I received a new NBN device and modem when I moved in, so they are new. When I use my previous modem (same model) which has always been working perfectly fine for the last 2 years in my previous home, I experience the same issue since living in my new home.

The issue only seems to occur when it rains. The issue has been occuring since the first day I moved into my new home. I never experienced the issue with the same equipment in my previous home. I reset and rebooted the modem/router. I have received brand new equipment and still experience the issue. Simply waiting a few minutes usually resolved the issue.

A recent log:

ID

Time

Type

Level

Log Content

2021-09-20 12:29:11

PPP

Error

ppp3

PPP

Error

ppp3 Timeout waiting for PADO packets

2021-09-20 12:28:18

PPP

Error

ppp3

PPP

Error

2021-09-20 12:27:34

PPP

Error

ppp3

PPP

Error

2021-09-20 12:26:40

PPP

Error

ppp3

PPP

Error

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @theouitdenwaal,

Welcome to the community!

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

If you need further assistance, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community.

Hi,

I moved into my new home on 16/6/21 (3 months ago) and experience the infamous internet drop outs with error ppp3 Timeout waiting for PADO packets, seemingly every single time it starts raining. 

As long as it does not rain, I have a stable internet connection, without any issues. I tried the obvious remedies, such as rebooting of modem, disconnecting all devices apart from 1 and with a cable connected. I received a new NBN device and modem when I moved in, so they are new. When I use my previous modem (same model) which has always been working perfectly fine for the last 2 years in my previous home, I experience the same issue since living in my new home.

The issue only seems to occur when it rains. The issue has been occuring since the first day I moved into my new home. I never experienced the issue with the same equipment in my previous home. I reset and rebooted the modem/router. I have received brand new equipment and still experience the issue. Simply waiting a few minutes usually resolved the issue.

A recent log:

ID

Time

Type

Level

Log Content

PPP

Error

ppp3

PPP

Error

PPP

Error

ppp3

PPP

Error

PPP

Error

ppp3

PPP

Error

PPP

Error

ppp3

PPP

Error

theouitdenwaal
Level 2

Hi @Shane ,

I appreciate the response. I believe I clearly ruled out option 2. Option 3 is something you can confirm with me, although quite unlikely since the issue appears every single time it starts raining from day 1 I lived in my new home. Which automatically leads us to option 1.

I will send you a PM as instructed to progress with option 1.

Shane

Hi @theouitdenwaal,

Thanks for the confirmation, I will wait for the test result via PM.

Cheers!

Hi @Shane ,

I appreciate the response. I believe I clearly ruled out option 2. Option 3 is something you can confirm with me, although quite unlikely since the issue appears every single time it starts raining from day 1 I lived in my new home. Which automatically leads us to option 1.

I will send you a PM as instructed to progress with option 1.

theouitdenwaal
Level 2

Done, PM send.