TPG Community

Get online support

replacement modem/router

philw01
Level 2

Hi there, I have been experiencing issues recently with internet dropout. A technician was here at my residence last week and tested all ok, but I am still experiencing the issue. The existing modem is a TP-Link VR1600V with VOIP, but seeing a relative had theirs replaced recently with a VX220-GV as their VR1600V was dropping out etc, I am considering getting a new replacement. Obviously I would require a replacement with VOIP.  As a matter of interest, the PC I am using has Windows 10, while a relatively new PC in my shed is running Windows 11. Both PC's cannot access the modem's setup pages, all I get is a login-in page but no reponse with name & password. With the Windows 10 PC, I have replaced the network card and also the Cat6 LAN cable that connects to the modem/router, but it made no difference. Microsoft Edge reports that there is no sync at times which makes me tend to think there is an intermittent fault with the modem. I can ping the modem at 192.168.1.1, also TPG's address of 203.12.160.35 & 36 successfully.

Regards

Phillip 

19 REPLIES 19
philw01
Level 2

Further to this, I have discovered thattoday I could access the settings of the modem on either PC, but not continually, it entails having to try several times at the log-in point before I can access the settings pages. Also, I received an error message "Error Code 80002, unknown error. Searching the internet revealed that this a rare error message which means that the TP-Link modem/router cannot access the internet

BasilDV

Hi @philw01

We've edited your post since it contains an account detail.

Please avoid posting any information on a public thread as it may compromise your security.

What browser are you using? Have you tried another browser? Have you tried to access it using another device?

BasilDV

philw01
Level 2

Experiencing the issue on two computers, one running Windows 10 and the other has Windows 11, both use Microsoft Edge browsers.

BasilDV

Hi @philw01

Could you try using a different browser (Chrome, FireFox, etc.)?

Are you connected via Wired or WiFi?

BasilDV

philw01
Level 2

Both computers are connected via Cat6A ethernet cables. Will try another browser today when I get a chance. As a matter of fact, there haven't been any issues so far today but will keep you informed. I do know that TPG were carrying out some maintenance work late last week in various suburbs, Coorparoo in particular. On other occasions when work has been carried out in that suburb, I have experience the odd connection issue until the work is completed. I wonder if whatever they have done has fixed my issues, will keep a watch on it.

BasilDV

This is noted @philw01.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

philw01
Level 2

Please refer to the attached files, which are screen shots of the TP-Link login screens. The first one which shows text as "For get password" does not work, while the second screenshot shows it as "Forget password", whixh does work at times. Does this mean that my log-in screen for the TP-Link Router has been compromised somehow? The dropping out issue is still persisting by the way.

Shane

Hi @philw01,

The modem is not compromised. A simple factory reset will fix the interface issue on the device. On the other hand, we ran an initial test of the service and no dropouts were recorded. Could you please tell us which device(s) you experienced the dropouts?

Regards,

Please refer to the attached files, which are screen shots of the TP-Link login screens. The first one which shows text as "For get password" does not work, while the second screenshot shows it as "Forget password", whixh does work at times. Does this mean that my log-in screen for the TP-Link Router has been compromised somehow? The dropping out issue is still persisting by the way.

philw01
Level 2

I have two computers, at this moment am using a Windows 10 system, also have a Windows 11 PC which also dual boots to Linux "Uma" Mint. To reply to your request, I had to wait for about 30 seconds until a connection was re-eastablished following a drop-out. I will test the Linux system shortly, I do know that when booted into Windows 11, I experience dropouts as well. Both PC's are connected by Ethernet network.

Regards