TPG Community

Get online support

replacement modem/router

Shane

Appreciate the additional details, @philw01.

Could you send us a PM with your details together with your best contact number and preferred time.

We will arrange one of our Technicians for real-time test and investigation.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

I have two computers, at this moment am using a Windows 10 system, also have a Windows 11 PC which also dual boots to Linux "Uma" Mint. To reply to your request, I had to wait for about 30 seconds until a connection was re-eastablished following a drop-out. I will test the Linux system shortly, I do know that when booted into Windows 11, I experience dropouts as well. Both PC's are connected by Ethernet network.

Regards

philw01
Level 2

I am still experiencing the connection issues as previously reported. Rebooting and resetting the modem makes no difference. I have replaced the network card and the ethernet cable on the PC with no result, All cables have been unplugged/replugged numerous times.

I have another PC running Windows 11 and Linux (it is a dual boot system that I built) and connection issues are a problem with that system.

The modem appears to lose connection at times every few minutes which is rather frustrating. I am thinking there is a need to replace the modem,so can you please advise what the cost would be, obviously the replacement would have to be VOIP compatible, although I do have an adaptor here which can be plugged into a spare LAN port to enable VOIP on a non-VOIP modem/router.

I suspect that the modem has an issue with some of the internal comms circuitry.

Regards

BasilDV

Hi @philw01

Have you tried the factory reset? 

Please shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number for us to check on this further.

BasilDV

philw01
Level 2

Yes have tried a factory reset already

BasilDV

Hi @philw01

Please shoot me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted by our Tech team.

Our team will be checking this further to confirm if we really need to replace the unit.

BasilDV

philw01
Level 2

Hi there,

I will be home am Tuesday from approx 10.30, 

philw01
Level 2

Further to thisa issue, I have discovered that the Brother printer connected to my LAN had the same IP Address as the modem (192.168.1.1), so I changed that. In addition I discovered within the modem settings that the Primary DNS Address was not the usual 203.12.160.35, but was another address altogether which a search revealed was a Google IP Address used for testing purposes. As a result, I changed that IP Address back to what it should be, and saved it to the modem. I will continue keeping a watch on the dropouts and report if they are still occuring.

BasilDV

Thank you for the update @philw01.

Let's observe if the changes you've made will make a difference and will arrange the call if needed.

BasilDV

philw01
Level 2

No worries, I have no idea how long the printer had been sharing the IP Address, and I hadn't been able to access the Router's settings as often as liked due to the fact that entering 192.168.1.1 on the browser's seach bar would often take me the printer's webpage, so after delving into the printer information on printer information screen I discovered the issue with the IP Address. Also how the Primary DNS settings were changed I have no idea as I would not have changed that myself. I will create a new Modem password today as well.

BasilDV

That's the best move @philw01.

Run some scan on your computers as well for security.

BasilDV