tp-link VX220-G2v

NIX
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I've been using this TPG supplied router for around 6 months and  there has been recent reports of exploits of outdated tp-link routers. Does anyone know of a suitable firmware patch?

TPG support suggested that I just download and install a firmware update from tp-link, although I've previously heard that VOIP may be impacted if I do so.

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @NIX 

To update the firmware of TPG's supplied modem or router, it must be done via OTA, and we process the request on your behalf.

Note: Flashing firmware on our supplied modem will void its warranty and support.

If you wish to proceed with the firmware update, send us your details along with the current firmware version of the modem.

Regards,

NIX
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the quick response.

If it voids the warranty I'll wait until the end of the warranty period then request that it be done at that time. Should I create a new message then or can I contact you directly?

TPG support said nothing about voiding the warranty or loss of future support and it's obviously not ideal having dated firmware that probably needs a patch. 

Regards

NIX

Aubrey

Hi @NIX, we can check if there's an available firmware update for your modem. If there is, we can push this via OTA. This will not void the warranty.

As you have phone service with us, we do not recommend getting firmware update elsewhere as the SIP settings are embedded to the provided firmware.

You can send us a private message with your details so we can look into your account.

Thanks,

Aubrey