TPG Community

Get online support

wife access point temporarily full

jamesglover2
Level 2

I just added a bunch of smart devices (mostly power boards)+ connected to phone, ipad, tv etc. Now getting "wife access point temporarily full" message. Sometimes goes away but copmes back. I have frequent airbnb guests stay who need wifi/internet access. I have a Huwei modem provided but can't find any way to increase the number of slots. Modem is several years old. Do I need an upgrade?

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @jamesglover2

Welcome to the Community!

Aside from the main modem/router (Huawei), do you use an access point or a range extender to boost your WiFi network?

If yes, on what network were your guests where trying to connect to? Is it to the main modem/router or access point?

If no, then you have the option to upgrade to a new modem/router for better experience.

BasilDV

jamesglover2
Level 2

It is the main router. I took off one of the smart strips and a couple of smart plugs so it worked over the weekend while they were here. They use an Apple extender. I have an Apple tower but it always blinks orange so not sure if it even works. I had the problem using the mainr outer before they arrived. So back to the main router. What do you recommend I repalce it with? The old one worked fine until I added 16+ smart devices to it.

BasilDV

Hi @jamesglover2

Please be advised that the bundled phone service will not work using a third party modem/router.

If that's okay with you, then you may choose any modem/router you want.

You may check these articles that may help you.

BasilDV