TPG Community

Get online support

windows 10 cannot see some directories on NAS drive

Level 2

I have a seagate USB drive plugged into my tp-link modem/router shared on the network (share all/no authentication required) and recently I find I cannot access some of the directories on it from my windows 10 machines. Those directories are accessible from linux machines (PVR) on the LAN.

On windows I can see the drive and I can see inside some directories, but not all. I get this error;

<directory> is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource.

If I plug the drive directly into a windows machine via USB I can see inside all directories.

Any idea how I can rectify this?

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @3985916,

Here is a thread that you may find helpful about USB sharing using TP-Link vr1600.

Please see link below USB Sharing with TP-Link VR1600v - write access not working

Regards,

I have a seagate USB drive plugged into my tp-link modem/router shared on the network (share all/no authentication required) and recently I find I cannot access some of the directories on it from my windows 10 machines. Those directories are accessible from linux machines (PVR) on the LAN.

On windows I can see the drive and I can see inside some directories, but not all. I get this error;

<directory> is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource.

If I plug the drive directly into a windows machine via USB I can see inside all directories.

Any idea how I can rectify this?