TPG Community

Get online support

5G Internet No Connection

SOLVED Go to solution
Shane

We can arrange our Technical Team to help and guide us to perform a test to fix the connection, shoot us a PM with your best contact number and preferred time.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hi Shane

The lights on the front of the modem is showing 5 bars, at times 4 bars.

The light at the back of the modem (ports) where the LAN cables are connected only has 1 light, that is the LAN to the PC. The LAN to the Wifi extender adaptor is connected has no light

Sunnie
Level 3
Unplugged the LAN cable from PC and plugged into the LAN port for extender, both lights on the ports are off and lost internet connection to the PC. Return PC LAN cable to the original position, PC restored connection.

I did try changing the cable with other Ethernet cable, light still not on. Switched things around too and still not on. I am awaiting for a new modem to arrive. I will let u know how I go with the new modem. Hopefully it rectifies the problem. Thanks
Shane

Glad to know that a new replacement modem has been arranged. We'll keep an eye on this thread let us know how the new modem will perform.

Unplugged the LAN cable from PC and plugged into the LAN port for extender, both lights on the ports are off and lost internet connection to the PC. Return PC LAN cable to the original position, PC restored connection.

I did try changing the cable with other Ethernet cable, light still not on. Switched things around too and still not on. I am awaiting for a new modem to arrive. I will let u know how I go with the new modem. Hopefully it rectifies the problem. Thanks

Sunnie
Level 3
Hi Shane

Just an update. In the last few hours The two port lights at the back of the modem where the LAN cable to PC (green and yellow) and extender cable (yellow only) are both on …. HOWEVER … no internet everywhere 😭
Sunnie
Level 3
Connection is restored….
Shane

Let us monitor the connection for the next 24hrs and let us know how it will go. 

Hi Shane

Just an update. In the last few hours The two port lights at the back of the modem where the LAN cable to PC (green and yellow) and extender cable (yellow only) are both on …. HOWEVER … no internet everywhere 😭

Connection is restored….

Shane

Hi @Sunnie

How is the service connection so far? In the event that you will require more assistance feel free to update this thread. 

Cheers!

Sunnie
Level 3
Hello Shane

Connection has been ok so far. Wifi experienced some drop out at times. Currently it is doing ok tho 🤞🏻. I will update when connection is lost. Cheers
Shane

Yay! I'm glad to know that. We will close this thread for now, and in the event a new issue occurs, feel free to create a new one. Have a lovely day!

Hello Shane

Connection has been ok so far. Wifi experienced some drop out at times. Currently it is doing ok tho 🤞🏻. I will update when connection is lost. Cheers

Sunnie
Level 3
Thanks Shane! UNfortunately this morning no internet at all … LAN nor Wifi. 🤯