Add on nbn port

SOLVED Go to solution
Anuradha01
Level 2
I want to move location of my nbn port at my home. As I am not getting good signal on my first floor and modem is on ground floor. Can I get additional port setup at my home?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PeterW

Yes any brand (tp-link, Netgear, Dlink etc) will work. 

Simply press and hold the WPS buttons on each device and they should connect to each other, when you search for your WIFI network upstairs it should have EXT at the end of it, that's your extender.

Connect to that using your normal password

Good luck

PeterW

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PeterW

Hello Anuradha,

Thank you for you message. You have several options here to improve your WIFI signal throughout your home.

1. to relocate your modem you will need to have a DATA port installed by a ACMA licenced cabler to your preferred location (somewhere central)

2. try a WIFI extender and locate it upstairs.

3. have your NBN connection box relocated - make sure the technician has the appropriate ACMA endorsement to do this.

This link will help you find a licenced cabler - http://www.registeredcablers.com.au

I hope that is of some help.

Regards

PeterW

Anuradha01
Level 2
Thanks Peter for your quick response. Was wondering is there specific brand or model we should go for? I recently got nbn modem and port installed at my home from tpg. Modem is tplink modem.
PeterW

Hi,

TP-Link do make a WIFI extender, they are most major retailers. Officeworks, Harvey Norman even Bunnings

https://www.tp-link.com/au/home-networking/range-extender/

All the best 

Regards

PeterW

Anuradha01
Level 2
I meant is there specific brand of wifi extender we should go for. I looked at office works and they have this Tp Link N300 wireless range extender. Will this work with tpg nbn modem?
PeterW

Yes any brand (tp-link, Netgear, Dlink etc) will work. 

Simply press and hold the WPS buttons on each device and they should connect to each other, when you search for your WIFI network upstairs it should have EXT at the end of it, that's your extender.

Connect to that using your normal password

Good luck

PeterW

Anuradha01
Level 2
Thank you Peter will try to buy an extender and see if that helps.