Am I NBN Ready?

TT
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

When I use the TPG website to view the NBN rollout map - my address appears in the purple "service available" area on the map. However, the pop-up text on the side says "more work required".

Which of these am I supposed to trust? Am I in the area that is ready for NBN, or is there more work required? 

The address is a unit block, and NBN technicians have been in and out to install cabling to the building. 

And who can I contact within TPG to verify this? When I look for contact information, I either get a sales number where the staff don't know, or help articles that do not assist. 

2 REPLIES 2
Riezl

Hi @TT,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Please send us a private message with your complete address so we can check this further. If you're also a TPG customer, please include your customer ID or username.

To send a private message, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community - TPG Community

Riezl

Hi @TT, thanks for providing your address and account details via private message.

As per checking, your address is planned to be serviced by NBN Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC).

In December last year after many months of issues delivering NBN via HFC technology, NBNCo announced that they will be pausing the release of any new NBN HFC addresses for a period of 6 - 9 months so that they can complete urgent repairs and upgrades to the network.

Your address is one of the tens of thousands of addresses impacted and delays to getting NBN connected are expected. No new date is currently available, but we'll surely notify you as soon as the service becomes available at your address.

Let us know should you have further queries. Thank you.