TPG Community

Get online support

Arris box MAC address mismatch.

vieahong1988
Level 2

I have recently moved in to a new house that the previous owner already have the NBN connection box (Arris) installed, the usual wait was not the biggest issue, in fact, I had to call up TPG technical support several times to finally realise that the MAC address is a mismatch to my account (If I had not call, I assume that TPG will think that I am extremely happy about the service and keeps rolling my monthly bills).

That being said, I am now still being charged for my NBN 50 service even though there's no internet at all!

Every time I call up TPG, I had to repeat all the detail again and got very little to zero progress, and seems like everyone in TPG keeps telling me to wait 24-48 hours for the problem to be solved (which is not true).

It has been a 5th day that I have to ring up TPG to chase my case, it has already wasted me so much time and I start to ask myself if it's worth it to get any service from TPG or not.

Please let me know if you can solve the issue or not, so I can wait for my final 24-48 hours or should I move on because I cannot get the service that was promised to me.

FYI, my Arris seems to be working with all lights on, and I have the router sent by TPG but the internet light is not displaying, I was been told that all I need is a remote activation but now the fiasco is at the situation that my Arris box has different MAC address and TPG will inform the NBN supplier to update the new MAC address AGAIN (called yesterday and today, two different engineers are repeating the same action twice and told me to wait more.)

4 REPLIES 4
Will

Hi @vieahong1988 

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that your installation experience has been less than favorable. I took the liberty to review your case to better understand what's going on. From what I gathered, the order was tagged by NBNCo as Service Class 24 which means that based on the records, there has been an NBN service at the address previously. Unfortunately, there was indeed a mismatch of the MAC address in the actual NBN Arris box as compared to what NBNCo has in their system. Our Engineering Team then raised the case to NBNCo for assistance.

It appears that NBNCo has opted to send a technician to sort this out. The appointment schedule that was discussed with you by one of our Engineers today has been booked already. Updates pertaining to the outcome of the tech visit will be communicated to you directly by our Engineering Team.

Regards,

vieahong1988
Level 2

Dear Will,

Firstly, thank you for replying in regards to my issues, however, the problem still exists with my internet.

The NBN team sent one technician to me earlier today, and he swap a new Arris box for me and talked to the operator at his end, and he left saying that my internet will take some time to be activated.

Can I know when that will happen? I still do not have internet access and seems like someone either from NBN or TPG is using my router (I tried log on to 192.168.1.1, it says someone is using the device).

I really don’t want to a pain in the butt but I need my internet functional before I resume to be a happy paying subscriber of TPG.

Will

Hi @vieahong1988,

We can confirm that the technician has tagged the appointment as completed. However, NBNCo still hasn't tagged the case as resolved citing they have raised it to the relevant team.

You will be notified further by our Engineering Team once we have new updates from NBNCo.

Regards,

Will

Hi @vieahong1988

Good news! NBNCo has already resolved the configuration issue on their end. Based on our tests, your modem is already connected to the server.

Feel free to leave a message if you need further assistance.

Regards,