TPG Community

Get online support

NBN DSL light and internet off ( HFC)

hkn
Level 2
Level 2

I just got a NBN Modem installed today. However when connected to the TPG router TPlink Archer 1600v, i am not getting DSL and Internet light.  The connection is HFC ( Coaxial) . I am told by TPG support that the problem is with the TPG Router 1600v and have asked for a replacement router. Have anyone come across this before. I thought the WAN link on the NBN modem is fine and was tested by the NBN guy thoroughly in front of me with Upstream/downstream speed etc. Could this really be a case of faulty hardware or NBN issue .

12 REPLIES 12
Joseph_D

@hkn Can you please plug in the modem you have there and advise us so we can conduct further test?

We have also request to have the 2nd modem delivery expedited.

Kind regards,

Joseph D

JovemarL

Hi @hkn 

I've run some diagnostics test on your line and it seems we just need to focus on the physical connection of the TP-Link VR1600v to the NBN Arris Box

Make sure that you are using the Yellow Ethernet cable that comes with our TP Link Router

Connect the Yellow Ethernet Cable on the Blue WAN port of the TP-Link Router

Connect the other end of the Yellow Ethernet Cable to the NBN Arris Box

Here's a link for the complete setup guide

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/NBN-Hybrid-Fibre-Coaxial-NBN-HFC-Setup-Guide/m-p/...

hkn
Level 2
Level 2
Hi mate...we have done all these test with your technical test. We have used yellow lan cable. Also used a 2nd lan cable.still no good.anything else...its not about physical connectivity.
hkn
Level 2
Level 2
Tpg support engr has done all tests possible with me.also reset the tpg modem twice...did a loop test to nbn modem...etc...advice me something ..what else to do..
hkn
Level 2
Level 2

Pls call me if you want to check anything else. <mobile number>

Joseph_D

@hkn your mobile number was removed from the public post in order to protect your privacy. The delivery of the other modem has been expedited. While waiting for the other equipment, can you plug in the modem you have there?

Thank you.

hkn
Level 2
Level 2
Plugged in already. I hv got the power light, thectwo wireless light and wan light green.
Riezl

We'd like to provide you a new login for temporary service. Are you aware on how to configure your ADSL modem settings?

Riezl

Hi @hkn, we'd like to know if you have already received the new modem?