Asus ax4500 setup.

BillyBrunno
Level 2

Hi all,

im upgrading my router to the Asus tuf gaming ax4500 to help with speed for wireless pcvr gaming but i cant get it working.

My connection is FTTC, i have nbn box and archer 1600v router. Do i need to keep the archer or can i discard it? 

Can anybody help walk me through this, ive been away from computers for some time!

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @BillyBrunno,

We do now have information on how to setup the ASUS TUF Gaming AX4500 but we can provide you the basic settings for the internet to work.

If this router supports PPPoE connection type you need to configure the settings below.

Connection type: PPPoE

PPPoE Login:TPG username

PPPoE password: TPG password

VLAN ID: 2

Let us know how it will go.

Hi all,

im upgrading my router to the Asus tuf gaming ax4500 to help with speed for wireless pcvr gaming but i cant get it working.

My connection is FTTC, i have nbn box and archer 1600v router. Do i need to keep the archer or can i discard it? 

Can anybody help walk me through this, ive been away from computers for some time!

BillyBrunno
Level 2

Thankyou Shane,

ive just got it sorted, i removed the archer1600v from the equasion and connected the ax4500 to the nbn box which i was having no luck with before.

This time when i entered the Asus setup page i entered my tpg username and password but i noticed at the bottom there were 2 checkboxes for special setup with isp special needs!!! so i checked these 2 boxes and during setup it asked me which isp im with TPG. From there it must have set the vlan automatically and bingo!

Thankyou for your help.

Shane

Yay! Glad to know that it did the trick. For future queries feel free to create a new thread. Have a lovely weekend! Smiley Happy 

Thankyou Shane,

ive just got it sorted, i removed the archer1600v from the equasion and connected the ax4500 to the nbn box which i was having no luck with before.

This time when i entered the Asus setup page i entered my tpg username and password but i noticed at the bottom there were 2 checkboxes for special setup with isp special needs!!! so i checked these 2 boxes and during setup it asked me which isp im with TPG. From there it must have set the vlan automatically and bingo!

Thankyou for your help.