TPG Community

Get online support

Bad Packet Loss, Constant disconnections but good speeds?

rhyancbermi
Level 4

Thank you for acknowledging this post.

I was emailed and told a call would be received within 24-48 hours. 72 hours later, nothing. 

All tests shown are done wired, however wireless is the same outcome. 
I have run the tests with mobile hotspot, there is no packet loss or ping issues. 

I do not have another modem so I can not rule out the device. I tried connecting straight to PC and bypass the modem however was unable to obtain the connection without a password credentials. 

luisc

Hi rhyancbermi

I am reviewing your case, could you send me a ping test to google.com

ping 8.8.8.8 -n 100

Just copy  and paste the end results.

Thanks

rhyancbermi
Level 4

Why do you want one from google and not just take a look at the one from tpg.com.au that I already provided?

It's not my dns settings as I have tested with both google and cloudflare dns. 

Either way, providing a test right now will not show anything except a "good result". I will run a test tomorrow during those times and show you the SEVERE packet loss that I receive. 

I have narrowed it down to specifically between 8-8:30pm - 10pm. Between 10pm-10:15pm packet loss is very minimal 2-8%. Then drops to 0 packet loss afterwards. 

This is replicable every single day. Likely happens in the mornings too but i'm not using it then. 

It's obviously some throttling from tpg or network/node/exchange issue. The modem does not disconnect outside of peak hours nor does it have packet loss. 

gasparovic
Level 3

Looks like this is the new service levels we can expect from TPG

rhyancbermi
Level 4

Packet loss began at 7:30pm. 

Attached is the ping to 8.8.8.8 @luisc 

luisc

Hi,

Thanks for the information, I already update the case that was escalate to our Engineering department.

You have already request an upgrade, We will advice you about the progress of this as well.

Thanks

rhyancbermi
Level 4

No update

rhyancbermi
Level 4

@luisc 

...A new day, no new update. 

Internet is absolutely useless between 7:30pm and 10:15pm. 

NBN-100
Level 2

Just read through your thread - sounds exactly like our connection. Most evenings we can't get above 8Mbps and our ping hits over 300. Maybe 60Mbps throughout the day and random packet loss all the time.

Been talking to TPG for 2 weeks, took a week before that to get through because they wouldn't take phone calls and the chat was too busy. Been hung up on because they have too many support calls. They phoned us twice for test results we had sent through the day before.

NBN tech has been sent out during the day when the main issue occurs at night (peak time, congestion you mean?) to check our hardware. Apparently we are likely to get ping ponged between TPG and NBN until all pieces of hardware for our Fibre to the Premises is swapped out. Absolute joke. Buy more bandwidth and stop being cheapskates.

rhyancbermi
Level 4

At least you have already had a tech ( I know useless when it's not the right time) sent out! 

I can't even get through on the phone or live chat lmao. Absolute joke. 

I am considering cancelling TPG (not on contract) and just joining up with exetel instead as I have never had an issue with them and their support is always available and helpful. 

@luisc if I don't get a solution by mid this week, I will be ending my NBN with TPG this month.