Cable error 8180

Lararyder
Level 2
Cables are fine but dodo is giving me cable error 8180. Called NBN they are positive it is working. Dodo also says my service is active please help
1 REPLY 1
KarlB

Hi @Lararyder,

Normally a "Cable error 8180" means the modem isn't picking up the NBN service signal. I would say Dodo support would be your best option for support, as they are able to run line tests on your service.

Here are some troubleshooting tips that might help.

It sounds like your modem isn't able to pick up the NBN_VDSL signal on your phone line. This can be for a variety of reasons, but most often is due to a physical one such as a fault with a socket, phone cable or the wholesale cabling between your house and NBN’s equipment.

Some simple troubleshooting might be able to resolve the issue,

1) Turn the modem off for 20 seconds and turn it back on again. After a minute or two, see if the DSL light goes solid and if so, try your connection again.

2) If the DSL light still flashes or stays off, please check that the phone cable between your VDSL modem DSL port and the phone socket is firmly plugged in. If it is, please try another phone cable, as these can often develop faults.

3) If you have more than 1 phone socket in your house, have you tested your modem at your other sockets? If there us anything plugged into your other sockets, eg alarm, fax, phones please remove these from the line and retest.

4) Unstable power supply can also cause issues for DSL modems. If your modem is plugged into a power board, please try it directly into a wall socket and see if there's any difference.

Thanks,

Karl