TPG Community

Get online support

Cant connect to XBOX ONE with the new router set up on TPG's NBN

raminatash
Level 2

Hello All

Having bought a new router and moving on with the router provided by TPG, new set of problems have started to occour. having successfully configuiring the new router, ive managed to connect all devices to the 5G except my xbox - this is whilst no device can connect to the 2.4G . I am going to be ataching pictures of my router settings and xbox setting but simply put, wirelessly, xbox cannot retrieve any IP addreess and just showss 0.0.0.0.  

Router model : D-LINK - Dir 878

Appriciate if you could help me reconnect my xbox to the router. Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 8.26.36 pm.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-09 at 8.20.44 pm.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-09 at 8.21.03 pm.pngScreen Shot 2020-02-09 at 8.19.43 pm.png

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @raminatash

Welcome to TPG Community!

As we understand your Xbox One is the only device that can't get an IP address, but you are able to connect it to both 2.4GHz and 5GHz network, is that right?

If you are unable to get an IP address, please check the IP settings and make sure that it is set to "Automatic", unless you want to assign an IP address manually then put it into "Manual".

Regards,

BasilDV

raminatash
Level 2

Hi Basil, 

no not quite. None of the devices at home can connect to the 2.4 G - it says teh apssword isworng ( I am 100 sure it is correct) . 

My xbox simply wont connect to the wireless - the IP address is set to be automatic - although i did try to set it manually but it goes back to 0.0.0.0 after i set. I believe this issue is between the router and xbox and the way TPG has has to configured via router. ( I might have a bad router) Ive atatched its details, i understand that it isnt a modem router, and is just a router. 

Shane

Hi @raminatash,

Thanks for the additional details. We'd like to confirm how is the equipment setup. If you wish to use a 3rd party router, our supplied modem/router should be used as a Main modem/router you may simply connect the router to maximize its Wireless feature.

Your device(s) may unable to connect to wireless connection, it is possibly trying to connect to either our supplied modem/router's Wi-Fi network or to the Router's Wi-Fi.

You may simply change the connection mode of your Router to 'DHCP mode' and turn off the Wi-Fi feature of our supplied modem/router.

Note: We do not have any reference/information to any 3rd party modem/router.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!