TPG Community

Get online support

Choice of modems based upon performance

stevieg
Level 2

One of the obvious questions and source of grief are modems.

Lately ISPs have been sending out emails warning The Ides of March are upon us, and rattling on about terms like SOS  ROC RAC and warning clients that some modems might not like the changes after March 31 and not function correctly.

Whirlpool is flooded with anxiety, expert opinions and speculation.

One isp told me to replace my modem, the other who allows the first to use its service lists the modem as ok.  even has setup guide.

So TPG when you get a chance can you go through your extensive list if byo modems and oyo and tell us the good news and the bad, cos as Julius Caesar said  you too Brutus!

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hey, stevieg

We will post a new article about the list of 3rd party modem/router that supports SOS-ROC when we gather enough details. What we can guarantee for now is all the modems currently supplied by us for NBN FTTB/N already support SOS-ROC, so no action is required with current hardware.

Regards,

One of the obvious questions and source of grief are modems.

Lately ISPs have been sending out emails warning The Ides of March are upon us, and rattling on about terms like SOS  ROC RAC and warning clients that some modems might not like the changes after March 31 and not function correctly.

Whirlpool is flooded with anxiety, expert opinions and speculation.

One isp told me to replace my modem, the other who allows the first to use its service lists the modem as ok.  even has setup guide.

So TPG when you get a chance can you go through your extensive list if byo modems and oyo and tell us the good news and the bad, cos as Julius Caesar said  you too Brutus!