TPG Community

Get online support

Congestion during Peak Hours in Hannans Kalgoorlie, upto 46Mbps day, 2.9Mbps peak hours

Brendon
Level 2

I have always been happy with TPG Fast50, but just lately the speed has gotten so bad between the hours of 6pm and 11pm, as low as 2.9Mbps, everything lags so bad it’s impossible to stream anything, can't even watch YouTube on mobile without lagging. I have been in touch with service team (emails and phone calls) where they have asked me to do speed tests and send screenshot’s and to change settings in the modem etc. and still not fixed. I've tried to explain to them that during the daytime I receive up to 46Mbps and the settings don’t decide to have a break just because its night time (If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it’s a DUCK), so if the settings are good in the day time they must still be good in the night time. I am very sure it must be congestion and I need it fixed please.

1 REPLY 1
Riezl

Hi @Brendon,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located the account using your community details and we can see that the issue has been escalated to our Engineering Team.

As per checking, they have been in touch yesterday and advised you to run additional tests so we can investigate further as we are not detecting any issues nor congestion within the TPG and NBN Network.

Once the additional tests are received, the case engineer will be in touch to discuss how it will progress.