TPG Community

Get online support

Connection Issues after FTTP upgrade

matrix
Level 2
Hi - I recently upgraded to FTTP super fast plan and have been having daily connection issues. Apparently a few neighbours on the same street are also having the same issues.
Connection keeps on dropping on and off.
Have escalated a few times to TPG CS but that hasn’t helped.
Previously before the upgrade I had no issues at all and was with TPG also.
Any idea ? Very very frustrating given I work from home and TPG CSR just don’t seem to really care or know what is going on.
3 REPLIES 3
alanguide
Level 7

This is very unusual. If others in the same area are having problems and if they are exactly the same in background (ie new FTTP) then unless they each have router or other internal connection problems it does suggest some NBN fault at the 'Multiport' in the pit. But personally I have never heard of such a problem. If a fibre joint has been properly spliced there is little to go wrong, and the chances of them all having the same NBNCo subbie are probably nil. Are your ethernet cables (Rj45) firmly plugged in (NTD now to WAN on router)? If you are still having problems Mods might contact NBNCo to arrange a tech visit with an optical power meter, BUT intermittent faults are notoriously hard to pin down.

There are two ways of eliminating your router from your investigations. You could try connecting a laptop straight to your NTD using your RSP credentials. You could also try a hotpsot. But neither is practical for intermiitent dropouts.

matrix
Level 2
Yeah my ethernet cables are all good and plugged in well. House is also 2 years old so new cables as well.
Before FTTP they were the same cables with NBN and no issue but after the upgrade I’ve had constant issues.
alanguide
Level 7

Not sure what you mean by 'same cables'. With FTTP there is a single fibre entering the house and going to the NBN NTD. What lights are showing on the NTD during a dropout?