TPG Community

Get online support

Core Network Shortfall - No info

Brennan19841
Level 2

Sorry TPG, I have complained to the TIO (Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman) about NBN Co, and the lack of information they are providing about repairs to the network. Both the TIO and NBN Co say it is TPG's responsibility to resolve the Core Network Shortfall, however TPG say the connection is waiting repair/installation from NBN Co. 

I am stuck in a perpetual circle, and making no progress.

I truly believe TPG are doing their best to get the connection up and running, but are halted by NBN Co, who have not yet looked at the case, and have not provided any information.

I am sorry, but the TIO are refusing to direct the complaint to anywone else but TPG.

Can someone please advice the expected wait time for the NBN connection to get established.

I am also interested in ADSL2+ as a short term solution, while NBN Co get their act together.

Thanks,

Beau

5 REPLIES 5
JayeshP9

Welcome to TPG Community,

You can private message to me your customer ID, username, service address and mobile number so i can check status here.

regards

JayeshP9

JayeshP9

Hi Brennan19841,

Currently nbn is delaying to complete you order due to Covid-19  pandemic so nbn categorized your job as a non essiential.

We got below message from nbn.

As you inquired about the PRD update.

Please be advised,The planned remediation work for this Held Order has been deemed non-essential at this time and will not proceed. In addition to this, as remediation for your order will not proceed, no updates to the planned remediation date will be provided.

For information on nbns response to COVID-19, please reach out to your nbn Account Team or refer to the latest Operational Notice. The decision was made under our Planned Outage Reduction Plan, which has been established by Network Operations in response to COVID-19, where nbn has assessed all upcoming planned network maintenance activity.

Updates will be made available when known, until this time the order will remain in held with no update to the PRD. nbn believes the measures that have been taken to progress this order are appropriate in the circumstances. During this time, nbn remain focused on the wellbeing of all nbn staff, including field contractors and delivery partners, as well as supporting all Australians by maintaining and assuring the performance of the nbn network. 

There are no further resolution activities that can occur with this Service Request, therefore this request has now been closed.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused

Regards,
nbn
"

I have to check with our team for if ADSL is still available at your address or not so i will update you later for it.

Regards

JayeshP9

Brennan19841
Level 2

Thank you for the update and I will gladly connect to the ADSL2+ network. If this network is unavailable, I find NBN Co's quoted reply above completely unsatisfactory and reeking of bureaucracy. 

I will take this complaint as far as it can go if ADSL is not available and if NBN Co and TPG make no positive steps towards resolving the NBN connection issue.

PM Scott Morrisson has announced to the public that Essetial Workers, are workers with a job. My job is currently 100% reliant on the internet. If I do not establish a stable internet connection soon, I will no longer be an essential worker, I will be a non-working unemployed citizen. And rather than contributing to the NBN though paying taxes, I will be subtracting from tax funds by drawing an unemployment benefit.

JayeshP9

Hi Brennan19841,

I have sent request to installation team so someone will contact you.

Regards

JayeshP9.

Brennan19841
Level 2
Thanks for your replies, but no one had contacted me about establishing the ADSL connection