TPG Community

Get online support

Don't you guys love it when the NBN tech doesn't show up and then no communication from TPG or NBN?

bln36
Level 2

Love having to take work off for the useless NBN tech to not show up. Call up TPG and they say a "case manager is having a look" and that they'll get back to me. Well it's been 3 hours since the scheduled latest time for installation and I've neither heard from TPG or NBNCo. Fantastic. 

7 REPLIES 7
bln36
Level 2

Upon second call, I'm told because it's Friday I won't hear back from NBNCo until Monday on which they'll probably give some bull response about why they didn't make it and I expect I'll get given another appointment time several weeks in the future. Heed this annoying looking to hop on NBN, if they don't show up the first time, just cancel your NBN installation the 2nd time because they probably won't show up then and I suspect TPG doesn't do much in helping the process at all. Just keep hopping ISP's until you find one that actually forces NBNCo to get off their arse. 

boonhowe
Level 3

I was lucky then, NBN tech showed up for an 8am-12pm appointment at 8am this morning

bln36
Level 2

@boonhowe wrote:

I was lucky then, NBN tech showed up for an 8am-12pm appointment at 8am this morning

I wish I was as lucky. I unfortunately am part of the 430 missed appointments a day. Looks like because they have to cater to NBNCo's schedule I probably won't have NBN for another 2 weeks at the minimum. 

Riezl

Hi @bln36, we're sorry to know that you're having issues with the service installation and we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.

We have located the account using your community details and we can see that our Provisioning Team is looking into this. The case manager already made a follow up with NBN Co. to check why the technician did not show up.

We'll chase this matter and will have the case manager contact you as soon as an update is received.

We can see that your ADSL service is still working and while waiting for the NBN to be installed, you can continue to use it.

bln36
Level 2

Doesn't matter why the techy didn't show up at this point, the important thing is whether or not the technician will actually show up the second time and whether I'll have to wait another 2 weeks to get NBN. If the technician doesn't show up the second time, you best believe I'll be cancelling my NBN. I know TPG has no control over NBN but you guys are the intermediary between myself as a consumer and NBNCo as a wholesaler so either you light a fire under them to get them going or you'll find another customer lost. 

BasilDV

Hi @bln36,

No provider would wish to cause inconvenience to their customers.

We've asked the team working on this case to actively manage the connection process and to continue applying pressure to NBN Co to get as much information as possible regarding this issue.

We will continue to push for a resolution with them and you will be updated as soon as we have additional information. In the meantime, if you have any further enquiries or require general information on the matter, contact us here and we'll be sure to get this coordinated for you.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @bln36,

We understand that our Provisioning team has been in touch and the installation has been rescheduled for the 26th of June.

This is being monitored by your case manager and updates will be given once available.

Kind regards,

BasilDV