TPG Community

Get online support

FTTC NBN connection light flashing blue

aseggie85
Level 2

I have installed my NBN equipmet as per instructions. The connection light is flashing blue continuously with no change.

8 REPLIES 8
Will

Hi @aseggie85 

Welcome to the Community!

I was able to check your account and from what I can tell the order is still pending, but that's because NBNCo is still waiting to detect the NBN Connection Device (NCD). I ran a test and unfortunately, it's still failing. When we dig deeper, we found out that there are 2 lead in cables going to your premises. So it's possible that the phonesocket you connected the NCD to, might not be the allocated line for your connection. Can you try another phonesocket in the house and see if there's a change of the lights on the NCD?

Regards,

aseggie85
Level 2

Hi Will, thanks for you swift reply. The only other connection in the house is an older style phone port so I believe we will need an adapter to test this. However, when we attempted to get an ADSL connection with TPG earlier this year, the technician told us there was no signal at either port. What should we do next?

Will

Hi @aseggie85 

I was able to check further and found a record from NBNCo stating that the other line (not the one provisioned for NBN) was last active on February 4, 2019 for an ADSL connection. Do you happen to know which of the 2 lines were previously active? This will give us an idea if the old socket is the one configured for NBN or not.

aseggie85
Level 2

Hi Will,

We moved in on February 6 2019 - the previous tenant confirmed they were using the kitchen port (which we have plugged the NBN equipment into) for ADSL.

Not long after NBNco were doing upgrade works in the street. When we attempted to set up ADSL with TPG we had trouble. TPG investigated. I have an email from TPG dated Feb 27 2019 confirming that Telstra informed TPG that there is an issue with our lead in cable.  TPG advised this issue should be rectified by NBNCo during the upgrade.

We contacted Telstra who informed us that we had to wait for NBNCo to fix the issue. We reached out to NBNCo who said they couldn't assist until our NBN was active and we had an account with a provider for NBN.

It appears that the lead in cable is still faulty or damaged? How should we proceed?

Will

Hi @aseggie85 

Since the phonesocket you connected the NCD with was the previous active ADSL line, this means that you have to connect the NCD to the other leadin cable since that's the one that your order is supposed to be connected on.

Regards,

aseggie85
Level 2

Hi Will - we will try the other line and get back to you if there is an issue.

Will

No worries, @aseggie85 

We're just here should you need our assistance further.

Will

Hi @aseggie85

I can see that you've spoken to our Provisioning Team today and that an NBN technician appointment has been booked since your NCD is still unable to get a signal.

Once the technician has attended the appointment, ensure to connect your modem to the NCD. For the setup, you may follow this guide: NBN FTTC Setup - General Setup.

Regards,