TPG Community

Get online support

FTTC NCD not connecting

SOLVED Go to solution
joaquincoelho
Level 3
Hi guys,

Hope you are well. I got an SMS saying "TPG Important Reminder: Your NBN service is awaiting activation. You're required to connect your NBN modem. For instructions, visit link.tpg.com.au/EDKjOZ"

Tried connecting my NCD and, after more than an our the link and dsl lights are still flashing.

Tried to call tpg support and waited for 30 minutes, so I decided to post it here.

My NCD is plug to the phone socket on the wall and the gateway port to the Wan port on the router.

Anything to check on my side? Is the service actually active?

Thanks.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Ken-C

HI there  ,

Most of that is okay but i will try and give you a call as soon as i get a chance to help Smiley Happy

Kind regards  

View solution in original post

joaquincoelho
Level 3

Thanks Ken-C,

I just found a solution. The problem was I needed to set it as "Residential Gateway" instead of VDSL for some reason. Now it's working fine.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Ken-C
Hi there             

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your CID (customer identication number) or your mobile phone number so can look at this service for you 

kind regards

joaquincoelho
Level 3
Thanks Ken-C, PM sent. Left the NCD on through the night, still nothing.
Ken-C

Hi there joaquincoelho,

Thank you for that,

Let me jump in and take a peek and see whats happening,

wont be a long

Kind regards 

fmw333
Level 2

Did you go through this discussion. It has already been solved here: https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/NBN-Installation/FTTC-NCD-not-connecting-flashing-lights/td-p/37391

Hope this helps!

fmwhatsapp

What is more interesting than tech?
joaquincoelho
Level 3

Thanks fmw333, looks like the issue is that the service is not active yet even though I received an SMS that led me to think it was.

So, at this point I'm just waiting for the service to be activated.

joaquincoelho
Level 3
Hi Ken-C,

Hope you are well. I received another similar SMS today: "Action Required: Your TPG NBN service is awaiting activation. Please connect your NBN modem as soon as possible to activate."

Nevertheless, the installation status seems to be in progress according to https://www.tpg.com.au/install Would you be able to have a look at this? It looks like something might be wrong, I guess I'm receiving those SMS for a reason.

Thanks.
Ken-C

Hi there ,

Yes your installation is still progressing but given the activation messages it really should be working now, could you please confirm with me you have removed the ADSL modem and setup and and connected your NBN FTTC equipment again for at least 30mins since we last spoke and is there any change? 

Regardless so i can do some further diagnostics, if you havent already done so could you be so kind as to please plug in and setup your NBN FTTC equipment once again and let me know once this is done and if there is any change in the blue lights on the NCD white NBN box please.

Please let me know 

Kind regards 

joaquincoelho
Level 3

Hi Ken-C,

Thansk for your reply. The SMS was actually received yesterday and I tried plugging the NCD a couple of hours after receiving it, nothing changed. I let it work for about 20 minutes and the lights were still flashing after that.

ADSL is still working which is confusing since looks like TPG is waiting for me to complete the activation. Not sure what to believe, the website that says activation is in progress or the SMS?

Thanks.

joaquincoelho
Level 3

Hi Ken-C,

Hope you are doing well and thanks for your help, the NBN technician came today and my NBN connection is now working.

On the other side, I would like to use my D-Link DSL-2888A router and I have tried different things to make it work...no joy so far.

Not sure if you can help me with this but these are the settings I'm trying:

WAN Acces Type = VDSL

Interface = PTM 0

VLAN Tagged = Enabled

VLAN ID = 2

VLAN Priority = Disable

Service Type = INTERNET

My Internet Connection is = PPPoE

Username: The one I use to access my TPG account (I guess this is the one I should use???)

Password: The one I use to access my TPG account (I guess this is the one I should use???)

Any thoughts? Thanks.