TPG Community

Get online support

FTTC NCD not connecting..

SOLVED Go to solution
AlexB
Level 2

Hello,

We have a new FTTC connection, received NCD and Modem.
Received several messages from TPG that connection was done, and to connect them NCD and modem - and then follow-up messages saying urgent, need to connect etc..

POI checker says we are Class 33 so I 'assume' NBN have done their bit in the pit..

We have 2 telephone sockets

24+ hours on one of them and NCD box still clicking and flashing blue light

48+ hours on the other one (with one shutdown and restart, so 2x 24hrs) and still clicking with flashing blue lights

Modem lights (the ones that are on) are all green etc.. but the 'internet' light has never been on..

Just realised that our old Telstra Cable modem was probably still connected when trying the second phone socket (because NBN wasn't working so I had plugged it back in...).
Not sure if the Cable Modem would interefere with the FTTC NBN, they should on different lines??
I'll disconnect the old cable modem when get home tonight and see it is helps.. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

Alex 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AlexB
Level 2

As a follow-up to this.

Excellent customer service and communication from TPG.

Everythign was set-up correctly but when TPG checked a working connection couldnt' be found.

They scheduled an NBN technician to visit at the earliest possible date.

NBN then rang and messaged me perhaps 5-8 times EVERY DAY for a week and a half leading up to the day of the technician appointment. They wanted to check if things were working yet, try to fix the problem over the phone, try the same options again and again. 

I was assured the line had been connected and was ready (we were Service Class 33..).  Thinking was threr must be a fault on the lead in copper (we're FTTC).  The technician may have to do some drilling on the building wall to install the new line, was that ok etc. etc...

Anyway, date of Technician visit arrives.

He calls and texts me that he is on the way, about 15-20 minutes away.

Arrives 15 minutes later (within the scheduled time), perfectly polite, friendly, careful about coming into the house, moving things.  Checks the lead in..

20 minutes later, he's fixed it, connection stable, NBN connected, modem connected all good..  

Thank you very much, have a lovely day, etc..

What was the problem?

The lead in wasn't connected, they'd never touched it..

...he says shaking his head and sighing as he pack up..

Apparently the amount of time the contractor technicians have to spend 'making the connections' on FTTC properties that have supposedly already had their lead in connected, accounts for an amount of frustration in their workload..

But the overall outcome - TPG communication and speed was great, NBN technican was great.
NBN call centre and so-called 'initial connection' work, no so great..

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Riezl

Hi @AlexB ,

For new services, we recommend customers to check if their service has been installed and activated.

We have created this community article, which contains a video on How to track your TPG service installation

We also send an email notification once the service is activated.

If you have received this email and the service is still not working, we recommend to check if the equipment is properly set up and we have created setup guides for all technologies that TPG use : New Connection Setup Help

If you are still having issues, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and further assist you.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

AlexB
Level 2

As a follow-up to this.

Everythign was set-up correctly but when TPG checked a working connection couldnt' be found.

NBN then rang and messaged me perhaps 5-8 times EVERY DAY for a week and a half leading up to the day of the technician appointment. They wanted to check if things were working yet, try to fix the problem over the phone, try the same options again and again. 

I was assured the line had been connected and was ready (we were Service Class 33..).  Thinking was threr must be a fault on the lead in copper (we're FTTC).  The technician may have to do some drilling on the building wall to install the new line, was that ok etc. etc...

Arrives 15 minutes later (within the scheduled time), perfectly polite, friendly, careful about coming into the house, moving things.  Checks the lead in..

20 minutes later, he's fixed it, connection stable, NBN connected, modem connected all good..  

What was the problem?

Apparently the amount of time the contractor technicians have to spend 'making the connections' on FTTC properties that have supposedly already had their lead in connected, accounts for an amount of frustration in their workload..

But the overall outcome - TPG communication and speed was great, NBN technican was great.

Thanks

Shane

We're glad to know that the issue has been fixed, we appreciate appreciate your feedback. In the event that you'll require assistance in the future, do not hesitate to create a new thread here in our community.

Cheers!

As a follow-up to this.

What was the problem?

Thanks