TPG Community

Get online support

Finishing installation / VOIP phone number

SOLVED Go to solution
steve3140
Level 3

I seem to be stuck in limbo.  We started the process of moving to NBN more than a month ago, but have had a number of issues.  All attempts to port our old home phone number failed (Telstra is hopeless).  We abandoned that number and asked for TPG to issue a new number.  I am now waiting for the installation/configuration to be completed.  The person who was managing the porting / number process has "gone quiet" (probably away on leave?).  I logged a support ticket more than a week ago, but have had no reply as yet.  Can someone please pick this issue up and run with it, to chase it through until all is resolved?  Best way to contact me is via the email address registered with this community account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve3140
Level 3

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the reply.  YES, the install process finally reached Completed status today.  In my TP-Link router I can now see the new VOIP Phone Number referenced as "Phone 1".  I have been able to connect this to my old PABX here at home (LG Aria system) and it is working; was able to place an Outgoing call fine; was able to call in and all the extensions rang as they should.  Ever so slight lag/latency, to be expected with VOIP so I'm not worried about that.  I checked with speedtest.net and my NBN12 plan is giving me 11Mbps Download and 0.9Mbps Upload at 5pm; seems about right.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Cheers,

Steve

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @steve3140,

Welcome to the community!

I was able to locate your account using your community details and seen that your service has been activated today.

I'd like to confirm if you're having difficulty with your home phone at the moment your service is connected for 1h.

Cheers!

steve3140
Level 3

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the reply.  YES, the install process finally reached Completed status today.  In my TP-Link router I can now see the new VOIP Phone Number referenced as "Phone 1".  I have been able to connect this to my old PABX here at home (LG Aria system) and it is working; was able to place an Outgoing call fine; was able to call in and all the extensions rang as they should.  Ever so slight lag/latency, to be expected with VOIP so I'm not worried about that.  I checked with speedtest.net and my NBN12 plan is giving me 11Mbps Download and 0.9Mbps Upload at 5pm; seems about right.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Cheers,

Steve

Shane

Hi @steve3140,

I am glad to know that it all up now. In case you have queries in the future do not hesitate to open a new thread here in our community.

Cheers!