TPG Community

Get online support

Frustrating customer service

Mahzabeen
Level 2
I have got nbn connection at my new rented unit 2 weeks ago and after two days it was gone. Then we requested for a tech visit and he could not come because of the weather! TPG tech only can come on weekdays between 9-5. I have already skipped my work 2 days and could not solve the issue. They can’t even come on weekends. What is the solution then? Is there any really? What do you expect from customers?
11 REPLIES 11
Riezl

Hi @Mahzabeen

Welcome to TPG Community!

We'd like to look into this and check what can be done regarding the technician appointment.

We have tried to locate the account using your community details, but we were unable to find a match.

Please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link:

How do I private message (PM) in the community - TPG Community

Riezl

Hi @Mahzabeen, thanks for providing the account details via PM.

We apologise if the appointment was rescheduled due to weather condition.

At the moment, NBN Co.'s system is not allowing us to reschedule the technician appointment as it was already booked for tomorrow. We will need to wait for the appointment to be completed before we can view the next available schedule.

We'd like to set your expectation that NBN Co. technicians only work on weekdays, but we'll forward your message to our Engineering Team so they can raise this to NBN Co's management to check for a weekend appointment.

The case engineer will contact you as soon as a feedback becomes available.

Furthermore, the NBN technician appointment, which was scheduled for tomorrow will proceed.

Riezl

Hi @Mahzabeen, we can see that our Engineering Team has been in touch and discussed the concerns raised.

We can see that a weekend appointment has been booked and we have received your confirmation via SMS regarding this.

The team is closely monitoring your case and the case engineer will contact you once a new update becomes available.

Should you need further assistance, please let us know. Thank you.

Mahzabeen
Level 2
Hi Riezl,

Thanks for escalating the issue and arrange a tech appointment on Saturday morning. The tech visited us and he changed the cabling as there were issues. Now there are 4 lights in the nbn box. But after the tech left, I started browsing and the internet status was no internet, secured. It went up and down for 30mins and then it is gone. No internet at all. I contacted TPG customer support and he tried some basic troubleshooting. Once we reconnected the NBN box, the issue was fixed for 10mins but it is gone again. But NBN box still has 4 lights. Is there any way that we can fix our internet for a good amount of time?really feeling helpless. Thanks.
Riezl

We apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you, @Mahzabeen.

Our record shows that your connection is dropping out.

We have made a follow up with our Engineering Team and the case engineer will contact you to discuss the progression of the case.

We'll continue to monitor this and keep you posted for updates where possible.

Will

Hi @Mahzabeen,

Our records show that you were contacted by one of our Engineers today. As discussed with you, this has been raised further to NBNCo.

Once we get a response from NBNCo, our Engineering Team will contact you via SMS or phone call on the next step to address this issue fully.

If you have other concerns, feel free to leave us a message.

Regards,

Mahzabeen
Level 2
Hi Will,

We haven’t received any sms or phone call. Is anyone even trying to check something for us?Our internet is dropping every now and then and we are calling customer support and everyone is saying we will contact you. Is anyone going to contact and check our connection at all? It’s been 4 weeks at my new home and I haven’t got a proper internet connection. Is there any possibility that you will contact us, check the connection and resolve our issue? No updates, no information at all.
Will

Hi @Mahzabeen,

My apologies that you're still unable to get a proper connection.

From what I can tell, you last spoke to one of the Engineers on Sunday and you were informed that the case was already raised to NBNCo.

Let me have our Engineers get in touch with you tomorrow. Please expect the call between 1PM - 2PM NSW.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @Mahzabeen,

We've seen that you have been in contact with one of our Engineers and advised details of the TPG appointment schedule on Saturday 10am to 2pm June 15.

Further updates will be provided by one of our Engineers via SMS or Phone call. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!